𝐃ear Old Super-soaker

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐔𝐒 𝐁𝐎𝐁𝐁𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐎 the surface, along with a couple of capsized, half-meted canoes.

Nicki pushed her hair out of her face. A stream of water ran down her already soaked back and she shivered. Percy and Apollo were the only two left dry on the bus. 

Nico was beaming, he always loved rollercoasters.

"You okay?" Percy held a hand out to Nicki, offering to help her out of her heap on the floor.

"Oh yeah. I needed a shower anyway." Nicki used Percy for leverage to stand. She surveyed the scene. No one looked hurt, just wet. "Just haven't learnt a drying spell yet."

"Ah, that is my area of expertise!" Percy held out his hand and Nicki stared at it. "I don't bite."

"I very much doubt that." With a smile, Nicki took Percy's hand. Nothing could describe how weird the feeling was. It was like she was a wet sponge being rung out. The water from Nicki was just falling off of Percy onto the floor.

"Tada!" Percy made jazz hands, his eyebrows almost in his hair.

"Who knew you'd be useful! Magic, isn't it?" Percy stuck his tongue out, making Nicki chuckle.

"Well," Apollo smiled warily. "You were right my dear. You had everything under control! Let's go see if we boiled anyone important, shall we?"

Everyone streamed out of the bus, wet bags clutched to their bodies. Apollo caught Nicki's eye and smiled appreciatively. The demigod returned the look before helping Thalia off of the bus carefully.

It was safe to say the older girl would never look at buses the same way. Thalia wrapped a wet arm around Nicki shakily. "Thanks, Ash Lady. I appreciate it."

"Come on! You don't even know why I'm Ash Lady! This is bullying!"

"Hush and look behind you."

Nicki's eyes widened and her jaw dropped at the sight before her. Frost covered the chariot track and the strawberry fields. The cabins were decorated with tiny flickering lights, like Christmas lights, except they seemed to be balls of real fire. More lights glowed in the woods, and weirdest of all, a fire flickered in the attic window of the Big House.

"Why didn't I come here sooner?" She whispered in awe. Thalia chuckled at the girl, rolling her eyes.

"It loses its charm pretty quick, trust me."

Nicki frowned at the girl. "Are you always this cheerful?" Thalia shoved the girl's shoulder sending her stumbling. "A yes would've sufficed!"

"Whoa," Nico breathed as he moved closer to Nicki. "Is that a climbing wall?"

"Yeah," Percy deadpanned.

Nicki placed a hand on Nico's shoulder peering intently at the distant wall. "Why is there lava pouring down it?"

"Little extra challenge. Come on. I'll introduce you to Chiron. Zoë, have you met—"

"I know Chiron," Zoë said stiffly, turning away from Percy. "Tell him we will be in Cabin Eight. Hunters, follow me.

"I'll show you the way," Grover offered.

"We know the way."

"Oh, really, it's no trouble. It's easy to get lost here if you don't"—he tripped over a canoe and came up still talking— "like my old daddy goat used to say! Come on!" 

Zoë rolled her eyes, but she must've figured there was no getting rid of Grover.

The Hunters shouldered their packs and their bows and headed off toward the cabins. As Bianca was leaving, she leaned over and whispered something in her brother's ear. She looked at him expecting an answer, but Nico just scowled and turned away.