𝟑𝟔.

❛ 𝑭𝑰𝑹𝑬𝑷𝑹𝑶𝑶𝑭 ❜
════════◅∘≼≽∘▻════════
•☽.⭒✻❙ 𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐅𝐄𝐒𝐒 ❙✻⭒.☾•

❝ 𝐟𝐮𝐜𝐤 𝐨𝐟𝐟

❝ 𝐟𝐮𝐜𝐤 𝐨𝐟𝐟. ❞

TW!▬▬mention of mental & physical & homophobia

𝑨𝑹𝑪𝑨𝑫𝑬
𝒅𝒖𝒏𝒄𝒂𝒏 𝒍𝒂𝒖𝒓𝒆𝒏𝒄𝒆

❛ i've spent all of the love i saved ❜

        𝐽𝑈𝑁𝑂 𝐻𝐴𝐷 𝐻𝐸𝑅 𝐻𝐸𝐴𝐷 in her hand as she was racking her brain, trying to figure out her math homework. Juno had already called Stiles twice to get him to help her, but he never picked up the phone, so she was on her own. Stiles always said that he'd help her with schoolwork, especially since she was actually trying this year, but Juno was determined to solve this by herself.

Juno's glasses were very slowly sliding off her face, but she was much too exhausted to fix them. She was really struggling, her head was pounding and there was grading agitating voice behind her that wouldn't go away. "You know you're doing that wrong."

"Fuck off." Juno muttered under her breath, not in the mood to hear the voice of her deceased mother.

Ever since Juno was cursed with the ability to see and hear ghosts, the ghost of her mother had been hanging around her home. Everywhere Juno turned in that house, her mother was there to return to her old habits; scolding Juno, disgracing Juno and hurting Juno.

"That's no way to talk to your mother." She scolded. The woman was pacing around the room, but stopped at the insult. Juno's mother stood in the middle of her daughter's room and glared at the back of her head.

"I'm not talking to my mother. I'm talking to some dead bitch." Juno mumbled under her breath once again. She was trying to focus on her work, but the sound of her dead mother's voice wasn't doing her any favours. Juno was, however, getting on her mother's nerves. "I did not raise you to speak like this! It's because you've been around that Stilinski boy, he's a horrible influence."

"He's not a horrible influence and you have no right to judge him, you pathetic excuse for a mother!" Juno snapped as she quickly turned in her chair and got to her feet. It didn't help that Juno was mentally and physically exhausted, but as soon as someone as agitating as her mother began insulting the person that Juno felt she trusted the most.

"I raised you! How dare you speak to me that way-"

"You didn't do shit!" Juno yelled, cutting the woman off. Her mother flinched, her cloudy eyes never leaving the angered sight of her daughter. Never once had she seen Juno fight back or defend herself. Every time Juno's mother would make Juno just feel slightly worse about herself every day, Juno only ever cowered, but conveniently, as soon as Stiles was brought up, she was quick to defend him.

"I didn't do shit? Really? I raised you! It was your father that did nothing! And where the hell is this coming from? Oh, wait. Let me guess, that Stilinski boy that you don't stop talking to! He's manipulative and he's useless! He's poisoning your mind with lies!" Her mother yelled back, but the louder her voice got, due to her deceased state, the more demonic it became.

"You did not raise me, dad did! And he was actually a pretty good father until you did something as stupid as drinking and driving! Now, he's pissed off all the time and takes it out on me! I RAISED MYSELF! All you ever did was push me away when I needed you, especially when I came out, you told me it was a phase and I'd get over it! And by the way, Stiles has nothing to do with any of this! Quite honestly, he's the only reason that I'm doing anything right now. I wanted to quit the lacrosse team because of dad, I wanted to just runaway and live somewhere far away because of you, I wanted to disappear off the face of the fucking earth because of you and dad! Stiles is the only reason that I'm still here!"

"And what about your boyfriend?"

Juno went silent. The tears forming in her eyes stayed, but her shaking hands were still horrid. Juno's gaze averted for a quick second before meeting the cloudy eyes her mother had developed. "What?"

"Your boyfriend isn't the reason you're still here? Some random boy is?" Her mother questioned as she folded her arms with a knowing expression.

"He's not some random boy. He saved me." Juno defended, but she knew what her mother was pointing out was valid. Juno was speaking significantly higher of Stiles than she ever had of Isaac. Truthfully, when she considered it, the nicest thing Juno has ever said about Isaac was him looking nice. She never thought to say anything more, she didn't feel it.

Juno could go on for years about Stiles, but that was only because he was the most considerate and lovely friend she had ever had. Not only did Juno feel safe around him, but she felt she could be vulnerable in front of him, she felt she could tell him anything without judgement, she felt as though she was protected by his mere presence...but then again that's just the sign of a good friendship.

Juno tried to block out every poor thing that her mother said about Stiles. It all faded into some sort of cloud of nothingness. All Juno felt was anger.

Juno didn't know what came over her, but she witnessed everything she did, yet she couldn't control it. She couldn't control when her eyes went cloudy white. She couldn't control when her hand lifted in the air. She couldn't control when her hand tensed and her mother's ghost began to slowly fade. Her mother screamed in terror, but the screams became faint and almost silent once the ghost had completely disappeared. Juno didn't control the curse within her that took over when her anger was at its prime. Whatever haunts Juno wanted to protect her heart, which meant protecting that of who she cares for the most.

❘ ❙ ❚ ❚ ❙ ❘

a/n

this was a filler chapter, but it also pushed the story forward a lot with Juno and Stiles along with Juno's little werewolf bite problem. i hope you guys enjoyed it! sorry it was so short