Chapter 1

Percy's POV:

The celebrations on Olympus were in full swing. The gods and demigods had gathered on Olympus to honor those who had fought in the war and the seven who played pivotal roles in the war against Gaea. The air buzzed with excitement and joy as demigods from both Camp Half-Blood and Camp Jupiter stood in the Olympian throne room, the hunters and the amazons standing far away from them, due to their dislike of male demigods. All the gods were sitting on their thrones still in their battle armor. Zeus was giving a long and boring speech about the bravery displayed by the gods and demigods in the war.

As the ceremony unfolded, I couldn't help but feel a mix of relief and exhaustion. Annabeth and I stood side by side, along with the other seven, Nico and Reyna. Even though we had just fought in a literal war, we were all happy and relieved. we all used to pray for times like this during the war, after all, the two wars had taken a toll on all of us. I stared at Annabeth as if I was stuck in a trance, even with her hair and clothes ratty and grimy with sweat, she still looked like a goddess to me. She was my beautiful girlfriend and the love of my life. I held her hand and gave it a gentle squeeze, feeling her squeeze back, it felt nice and reassuring, it gave me hope of a future together.

Suddenly I was broken out of my trance from Zeus's loud voice, I rolled my eyes that drama queen. He wanted to reward all of us for our efforts in the war. He stands up and in a loud voice said, "First, I would like to call my son, Jason Grace, for his role in the war, I would like to grant him immortality. He will become a minor god should he accept."

Jason looked shocked, but nodded and bowed, "I accept father."

Zeus smiled and spoke, "return to your place son, we'll begin your ascension to godhood once we are done." Jason walked back to his place next to Piper, shocked but happy at the prospect of becoming a god. Aphrodite gets up next from her throne, in a sultry voice she calls out Piper and offers her godhood to her as well, she would become a minor goddess, if she accepted. Piper of course accepted and stood next to Jason; they both were grinning. This went for the rest of the seven, Nico and Reyna. All of them were offered godhood and all of them accepted.

When Athena called out Annabeth, I was a bit apprehensive, since I know due to her hubris, and the nature of rewards offered to rest of the seven, Annabeth will most probably accept. I felt Annabeth's hand slip out of mine, she walked over to the center of the throne room and bowed. Athena, spoke, "My daughter due to your exceptional role in this war and the retrieval of the Athena Parthenos, we offer you godhood and the offer to become the official architect of Olympus under my tutelage." That hit the nail on the coffin for Annabeth, after all it was her dream to become an architect. I let out a sigh of disappointment as I heard her accept, she came back and stood next to me, with a slightly guilty look.

I couldn't shake the feeling that something big was about to happen, but the uncertainty kept me on edge. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath to calm myself down.

Poseidon rose from his throne with a smug and proud look, in a booming voice he said, "Perseus Jackson, my son, step forward!" Suddenly all chattering died, as my name echoed through the throne room, the gods' eyes fixed on me. I took a deep breath and stepped forward to the middle of the throne room. I bowed before my father, his warm smile reassured me, but Zeus's stern gaze hinted at something more. My father continued, "Percy, words can't explain how proud I am of you, the amount of sacrifices you have made for us, and the feats you have accomplished. Last time we had offered you this you refused for the betterment of your friends. We have decided to grant you godhood again, but also a seat on the Olympian council." There was a pin drop silence, all the demigods who weren't here during the second titan war, looked at Percy in shock, not only did he get offered such a high honor, but he denied it! I felt like my mouth had gone dry with all the gods and demigods stared at me, waiting for my response. I finally decided to respond after contemplating, "father, I must thank you for your gift, but I must decline, I would like a gift and it is well within your powers." Everyone stared at me in shock, like I had just grown a second head. My father looked disappointed but expected it, he asked "what would you like son?"