Walking The Tightrope...

Definitions
Air tight: very attractive
Swell: (1) good (2)elegant
Stuck On: having a crush on; in love
Dincher: A half-smoked cigarette
Dry Up: Shut up, get lost
___________________________
The brownstone apartment was quiet, only the light sound of wind coming from the open windows and Queenie's light humming making any noise. It was a peaceful, serene, something Tina had begun to miss deeply.

     But what she wouldn't give to hear the Niffler escaping back to it's den with every piece of jewelry she owned, her husband  right behind him. Or, for Picket to have lost his way from it's tree, Ahem... Newt, having the two of them search the entire apartment for him.

     It was one of these days that she missed him most. Even if it's only been a month or so since he left for one of his expeditions. It still hurt to know she wouldn't be waking up to his freckled face and piercing green eyes.

     She wouldn't even get started about how his "friend", Ms. Leta Lestrange, had decided to tag along.

     Tina would have gone, just as she always done, but the MACUSA was in the middle of a few major crimes investigations, causing her to stay. But Newt had started to become dependent on someone being there with him. With Leta being here in the states, visiting her... friend, she had suggested she tag along with him, since his wife could not. So, it was either Leta or no one.

Obviously, he chose Leta...
Even if Tina wasn't particularly pleased with it.

     " Now Teenie, you know more than anyone that nothing will, or is going on between them." Queenie chided, shaking her head back and forth in disappointment, her golden curls flying. Tina rolled her eyes at her sister, running her hands through her hair, scenarios flashing through her mind, her pacing the length of the room.

     It isn't my fault. Maybe if Leta wasn't so air tight and swell, or if it wasn't obvious that she was stuck on Newt, then perhaps I wouldn't have such a problem with them being alone together for more than a couple months.

     " It shouldn't be this big of a problem anyways, Teen. Newt loves you more than I even think he realizes." Queenie stood up off the small couch in their living room, going up behind her sister and giving her a comforting squeeze on her shoulders. " You're getting yourself all lathered up, and before you decide to raid the giggle water cabinet, I suggest you go try to get some sleep, busy day tomorrow if I've read you correctly."

     Tina sighed, giving her sister an annoyed smile before heading to the bedroom she now shared with Newt. She sat up on her bed and cracked open her window, grabbing her dincher from underneath their mattress. Using her wand to light it, she inhaled the smoke before blowing it back out. She hated it, but in a way, it helped her when he was away. In some strange, awful way.

     She took a few more blows, then ridded the room of the smell before putting the dincher back in its place. She lied back, staring up at ceiling, her hand over the area of which Newt sleeps, tears beginning to grow in her eyes. Missing him...

Some people long for a life that is simple and planned
Tied with a ribbon
Some people won't sail the sea 'cause they're safer on land
To follow what's written

     Tina chuckled, remembering her first time going across seas to see her favorite Magizoologist. How scared she'd been, but so excited as well...

But I'd follow you to the great unknown
Off to a world we call our own

     She closed her eyes for only a moment, opening them to find herself among the stars. Newt was there, her in his arms, them dancing whimsically across the thin rope above all of New York City.

Hand in my hand and we promised to never let go
We're walking the tightrope
High in the sky
We can see the whole world down below
We're walking the tightrope
Never sure, never know how far we could fall
But it's all an adventure
That comes with a breathtaking view
Walking the tightrope

With you, ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh
With you

Mountains and valleys, and all that will come in between
Desert and ocean
You pulled me in and together we're lost in a dream
Always in motion
So I risk it all just to be with you

     Newt caught the straw tears that began to fall down her cheeks, whispering to her that everything would be alright, That she would be alright. Oh, how much she wanted to believe it...

And I risk it all for this life we choose

Hand in my hand and you promised to never let go
We're walking the tightrope
High in the sky
We can see the whole world down below
We're walking the tightrope
Never sure,

     " Tina..." She felt his fingers begin to slip, her holding on as tight as she could.

Will you

" T-Tina..?" More tears began to fall as her vision began to blur, hot flashes of Newt and Leta, together... In l-love, burned into her head.

Catch me

Tina!

If I

     Next thing she knew, she was falling back down to Earth, the wind in her ears, light sobs escaping her throat as Newt became smaller and smaller... She closed her eyes, awaiting the pain that was soon to come.

Should fall!

     She jolted forward in her bed, sweat dripping from her forehead, her breathe strangled and heavy. Tears rolled down her cheeks, her eyes red and puffy. Her throat felt sore when she swallowed. Though, nothing hurt more than the breaking of her heart.

Well it's all an adventure
That comes with a breathtaking view
Walking the tightrope

With you, ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh
With you
With you, ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh

With you, ooh-ooh-ooh
With you

     Tina hadn't had a good cry in so long, all her feelings she'd been bottling up for the past few weeks freed themselves as the salty liquid slipped down her flushed cheeks, the moonlight making them look as though they were glowing.

     Tina got the light sensation that came with Queenie reading her mind. She felt so vulnerable, and she hated it. She was supposed to be stronger than this... Better than this...

Dry up Queenie, please. Leave me alone...

     The sensation was gone, and the pop! of apparation could be heard as her sister went back home to her loving husband, probably to be back bright and early tomorrow to make sure Tina got up for work.

     She waited a few seconds to be sure that Queenie had left before falling into a dreamless sleep, her ginger-haired husband and Ms. Lestrange haunting her.
______________________________

I do hope you all enjoyed this!!

For this oneshot, I put in definitions of some 1920s slang that I had used. I wanted this to be more as if it were actually taking place during the 20's.

As I said before, I hope you enjoyed it, and I'll see you all in the next chapter!