Chapter 9

Law took the puppy home, and treated him. He wrapped the injured leg, and disinfected a cut he had on its side. Corazon rushed to get a dog cone at a nearby store, so that the puppy wouldn't lick his wound. He got some dog food as well.

Law then went to explain to Corazon what happened while he was walking with Luffy. After a whole interrogation session with him, Corazon understood and left Law to himself to finish treating the puppy.

The puppy is currently sleeping on the couch, and Law is sitting next to him. Law feels his eyelids getting heavier. It was 10:30 when he last checked, so it's most likely really late. He usually doesn't start feeling tired until 1am, but schoolwork and getting up early these past weeks has been not helping.

All of a sudden, he hears Corazon yell from his bedroom "LAW! YOUR PHONE KEEPS RINGING! ANSWER IT BEFOFE I GO CRAZY!"

Law sighs and gets up, making sure not to startle the puppy. He saunters to the bathroom where he left it, and picks it up. Law reads '3 missed calls'from none other than Luffy.

'Jesus christ' Law thinks as he dials Luffy back, walking to the couch to sit with the puppy again.

Luffy answers after two rings.

"Toraooooooo you finally picked up!"

"Why did you call me so many times!?"

Law hears a laugh from Luffy on the other side.

"I just wanted to check in on the puppy."

"He's fine. I treated him. He should be okay in a couple of days."

"Oh! Okay! That's good to know."

"Did you do what I told you to do when you got home?"

"Uhhhh no."

"Why not you idiot!!?" Law barks, feeling annoyed about not being listened to.

"I forgot what you saiddd."

Law facepalms. "Of course you did."

"Well it's okay, Sabo treated me!"

Law remembers Sabo being one of Luffys older brothers. "Oh, I see. That's good."

"Yeah, but he was kinda pissed when he found out I fought a couple of guys though."

"Understandable."

It was quiet for a few seconds, and then Luffy spoke up.

"What his name?"

Law raised an eyebrow. "Who's name?"

"The puppy's name, silly!"

"He doesn't have a collar, so he doesn't have one."

"Hmmmm...give him a name!"

"No, I can't keep him, Strawhat-ya."

"Why notttt?"

"My Dad works all day, and I have school. Who would be home to take care of him all day?"

"I don't know! Take him to a doggy daycare!"

Law thought about it, he has actually wanted a dog for a while. He thinks Corazon would be okay with it.

"I don't know...."

"Come on Toraooo."

"Okay i'll think about it. Now go to bed."

"Yay! I knew you would keep him! What are you going to name him?"

Law sighs and feels "I don't know, your asking to many questions, Strawhat-ya."