18: Prior to the USJ

Izuku wandered into the empty classroom, smiling beneath the goop she'd gotten used to wearing as she took her seat and began tinkering. Izuku didn't just fix the babies she was given but admired them as well, Mei's craftmanship was on another level, above even professional standards, which is why Izuku loved to fix the broken babies and watch Mei make more.

Iida came in soon after, signalling the start of the student rush. Izuku didn't notice, why should she, the gadgets are taking up all of her attention, so she doesn't notice the dirty glare he shoots in her direction. The class soon follow and it's a mix, some ignore her, some glare at her while one loud explosive blond shouts at her. Thank god Venom can be sound proof.

The bell went off and the students went into their seats as Izuku's alarm brought her out of her little world, looking up to see Shota walk into the room. He got to the podium and stared at them all.

'I'm disappointed in you all, all except Venom and the three who didn't participate yesterday. None of you questioned your teacher on his biased teaching methods. If you had you wouldn't have gotten an answer like I gave you for the quirk tests. As such the punishment will be that only those four can be voted for today. Because today you will be choosing class-representatives, Yaomomo if you would please.'

The class groaned but relented, seeing as they couldn't argue against their teachers logic. Votes were counted and tallied, Izuku ended up with 12 votes, while Momo ended up with 7. Shota called the two up to the front to accept their new position and give a speech. Izuku couldn't do it though, so Momo ended up giving a speech for both of them.

The bell rang and everyone made their way to lunch, while Izuku made her way to Mei's personal support lab, humming a tune along the way. She gently slid open the door and crept in, letting the goop close it behind her.

'Boo!'

Mei screamed, jumping up several feet, before landing back down and glaring at the now ungooped Izuku. The glare fell away though when she saw Izuku giggling, so in retaliation she jumped at her girlfriend, not moving her but still surprising her.

The two collapsed into a fit of giggles before calming down and setting up their little picnic. Laying out the bento boxes for them both, somehow Venom woke up, honestly Mei thought it was because Izuku brought out the tatertots. They ate and chat before heading back to their classrooms for mandatory afternoon lessons.

When Izuku returned, there was a lot of commotion, apparently the media had broken in which set off the alarms, causing the students to panic and crush each other trying to escape. No-one got too hurt and the chaos only stopped when they apparently woke Shota from his nap, some of them were still shaking from the scolding they were given.

The day ended normally and everyone made their way home, or rather for Izuku, grabbed Mei then sprinted the distance to their house so she could finish watching the Kung Fu Panda series and eat ice-cream. It was one of the many things she was never allowed in her 'old life' so she treasured every mouthful, or rather every tub she consumed. Even Mei had to fight to get a smaller tub to herself.

The night passed without any problems and Izuku was making her way to school, slowly this time as she had Mei asleep still cuddling. So when she got swarmed by reporters asking her about All-might she eeped and turned invisible, jumping over U.A.'s wall with a single bound.

After dropping Mei off in her support lab with several flasks of coffee, she made her way to the still empty classroom, repeating the same actions as yesterday while also receiving the same looks.

Lunch came and went without an issue. As they arrived back into class Shota directed them to the open wall filled with their hero costumes, telling them to put it on and meet him outside of a field trip.

The class sighed, annoyed by the lack of notice but relented and headed off to the changing rooms. Izuku however just jumped out a window, landing right next to the bus, faster than Shota's time. When said teacher did arrive he just smirked at his goop covered niece before a random wave of awkwardness hit him, creating tension in the silence.

The rest of the class arrived and Izuku whispered something into Momo's ear to announce.

'Alright everyone, find a place in or on the bus. There's no order or anything due to the layout, but pick wisely because the drive will be a bit long' Momo then glanced at Izuku who nodded her head. Izumi however had a problem.

'What do you mean in or on?' Momo glanced over to Izuku who once again nodded before jumping high into the air and slowly falling into the roof of the bus. This time Iida had a problem.

'SENSEI, THIS ATTITUDE IS UNBEFITTING OF A HERO AND CLASS REPRESENTATIVE.'

Shota just deadpanned the boy, 'Everyone has their own preferences and as far as I see it, Venom has made decision inclusive to everyone, so stop complaining.' This shut the robot up as everyone made their way onto the bus, psyching themselves up for the off-campus training. 

The class seemed to talk and bond, apart from the three girls who were still sour from yesterday and Izuku who was currently having a mini-panic attack on the roof of the bus, something about whether or not she left Mei enough coffee this morning. Venom managed to calm her down just as Asui called up to Venom.

'Venom? Can I ask you a question if you can hear me?' The frog girl asked confusing and silencing the bus. Izuku stuck her goop covered head through an emergency escape window and nodded. 'Yaomomo seems to be very protective of you, do you two have history?'

Momo froze up at this question, Izuku noticed this and Mina's efforts to calm the girl down, 'We do but it's not my place to say.'

'Why, isn't it your history?'

'Maybe but I don't trust you all enough yet.'

'You said that before, why don't you trust us?'

Izuku tilted her upside-down head, 'What have you done to gain my trust, if anything I should hate you for the company you keep?' Repeating the same line as Mei did at the entrance exam, catching the hobo-teachers attention.

Iida decided to pipe up, 'BUT WE'RE CLASSMATES, IT'S IRRESPONSIBLE TO HIDE SUCH VITAL INFORMATION!'

'It's not vital, knowing my name doesn't make the chance to win a fight any easier, nor does knowing what I look like. Vital is fighting styles and strengths, the things we're going to do now that I'm excited for!.'

'BUT...'

'Quiet class' The hobo teacher interrupted, 'We're here so stop harassing your superior or you'll get more detentions.'

Izuku/Venom looked at her uncle weirdly, 'I'm not superior?'

'YEAH THEY AREN'T, IM THE BEST!' Katsuki yelled

Shota activated his quirk, silencing the loud blond, 'Honestly? The person closest to the next number one hero, out of everyone including pros, is Venom there. So if I were you, I'd pay a little more respect.'

Izuku shrugged and jumped off the bus filled with terrified children. Yes they had seen Izuku's power but the fact she was closest to number one? The thought sent a chill down their spines at the cold statement from their logical teacher. 

I mean who doesn't play favourites every now and again?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HEYO my precious beans, five days oof but like I said, IM HELLA SWAMPED, revoking exams to give exams, how logical.

Anyways, is it a coincidence I released this chapter TODAY? No, no it is not. So enjoy BNHA/MHA season 5, cause this poor butt is waiting a week for it to become free :'(