ix. BAD HAIR DAY

"Y/N, it's almost 7:00!" Knox shook you awake as gently as he could but still stressing his concern. He was in his boxers pulling on his pants as fast as he could.

"God! I don't have time to get to the third floor, Nolan's gonna kill me!" You unbuttoned your pajama shirt and buttoned up your white collared shirt. Knox turned while you pulled on your tights and skirt, and you helped him comb his hair while he was doing up your shoes.

"How do I look?" He asked.

"As good as you could for waking up at 6:40," You replied. The moment you finished brushing your hair you both sprinted down the stairs. You were lucky enough to join the group so Nolan wouldn't notice you were late. You noticed people were staring at you, but you couldn't imagine why. You made it to the table just as everyone else sat down.

"Jesus, did you guys run a marathon or something?" Asked Cameron. He was referring to Knox's heavy breathing.

"Ha, ha, very funny. No we woke up late," Knox answered.

"Y/N.. your hair," Charlie pointed and they all looked. Your hair was down. Tight pony-tails were required at hell-ton. You shrunk into your seat as you saw Nolan observing the students on the other side of the hall. Twenty minutes went by before your nightmare became reality.

"Mrs. Y/L/N! How dare you disrespect the requirements of this school! My office, Now!" Nolan screamed directly into your ear. The boys all looked at you sympathetically, and the whole dining hall was silent now. Charlie's hand stroked yours and Nolan stood you up by your arm and marched you to his office. His hands felt like they were cutting all the way to the bone.

"Now, Mrs. Y/L/N. What is the meaning of this!" Nolan was as red as a cherry. It was hair. Of all things. Hair.

"There's no excuse, Sir." You forced words around the bump in your throat.

"Demerits, Ms. Y/L/N! This is utterly disrespectful!" He lunged toward you. Was he going to hit you? He grabbed you by your hair as you repressed a scream. He bunched your hair together, pulling it so tight you feared it would be ripped out. He grabbed a comb from his desk and controlled your hair. The comb felt like a line of a million daggers on your skull. You screamed.

"Oh, shut up!" He yelled back. Mr. Nolan's office was one hallway away from corridor seven, and the boys had to be done with breakfast by now, which meant they were in the corridor for the passing period. They could hear your screams.

"There. Nice. And. Proper. If I see you later today with a different tie in your hair, I will notice. You are not to touch your hair until this evening, before bed!" Nolan grabbed you by your arm again and threw you out the door. You stood there for a moment and felt at the tie in your hair. You didn't even know something could be tied this tight. You felt the top of your head. Blood . There was a small line of blood where the comb had dug in your skin. You began the dreaded walk to the corridor, but saw no one there. You went to your room, your eyes still focused on the blood. You opened the door and let out a sob.

"Y/N-" Said Neil. You looked up to see Neil, Todd, Knox, Charlie, Cameron, Pitts, and Meeks all crammed into the tiny dorm-room.

"Blood?!" Neil looked at your hand. He examined your head and hugged you.

"He made her bleed? I'll kill him!" Charlie tried at the door.

"Don't," you said, still crying.

"Give me one good reason why I shouldn't!" there was a pause. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to yell at you. Who does he think he is he can go around abusing students?" It was surprising how furious Charlie was. All of the boys pulled you into short hugs before leaving for class. Charlie hugged you the longest, and continued to look at your head. He left but you could hear words down the hall.