Breathe for me

Breathe for me..

"Hey, buddy.. wake up." Peter groans out in response. Hiding his face on something warm and vibrating with laughter. 

"Cuddle bug, you know my shirt has the world map of drool already?" Peter blinks, looking up feeling a gentle kiss over his forehead. 

"Fever broke. Thank goodness." A firm hand is clasp over his nape sliding up to his hair. He blinks again and his blurred vision clears now seeing Tony's smiling face. 

"Pepper's here. She's calling us for breakfast. We better go down there before the gang eats everything." Peter blinks again, groaning out again as he burry his face back on Tony's chest.

"Okay uh-uh.. nope. C'mon bud." Tony sits up and laughs out as Peter got up with him. His kid is clinging to him like a koala. 

"I'll carry you to the kitchen if you don't let go, bug" Peter groans again. Tony doesn't remember when's the last time he had laugh so much first thing in the morning but this doesn't feel so bad. 

"Words, Pete. Can we try using words?" 

"M'sleepy.." Peter mumbles against Tony's shirt. 

"Okay, you leave me with no choice." Tony grins and Peter yelps out, squealing and laughing too loud for his just woke up vocal chords. Tony tickles him hard from his sides.

"S-Stop! Okay! Okay! Tony! I'm up! Stooop!" Peter rolls over his stomach finding himself tangled with the blankets, breathing hard and laughing against the large pillows.

"Good, now wash up. I'll go back to my room first and change. When I come back here, you better not be sleeping." Tony ruffles the kid's curls hard earning an annoyed groan from the kid.

"What's that?" Tony teases his hands already threatening him for another tickle attack.

"Okay-okay! I'm up!" Peter's flush face and wide smile is enough to stretch Tony's own smile. 

"You better be!" Tony says as he walks out of Peter's room.

Peter sighs, grabbing his inhaler and spacer on the bedside table. Taking few pumps to get his breathing to calm down. Tony didn't need to see that. Peter then hops out of his bed only to stop on his way to the bathroom. He looks over the bed side again. He smiles at the scattered cough drop packets, an empty bottle of pedialyte, a bottle of tylenol. His favorite blanket is on the bed, he closes his eyes and smiles at the memory of Tony waking up in the middle of the night not once but multiple times to check on him and take care of him. He doesn't even know if the man got some sleep at all. 
Sighing, he heads to the bathroom to wash his face. 

He'd been an orphan for almost two years. He still remembers his parents but mostly his Mother.

Wiping his face, he looks at his reflection in the mirror.

His Dad was always at work and sometimes would leave for months for a business trip. That's also probably why he's an only child because his Dad was always away. He never took it to heart though. When his Dad is home he'll bring him presents and they will all go out. Watch a movie, go to an amusement park of something.. 

He misses them.. and it's because Tony's reminding him of what he lost.
His Dad, Richard.. he didn't want to replace him but.. he's afraid to admit that Tony had been more of a father to him in the past few months than his own Dad was.

That's why he didn't felt like this with May stepping up to be his 2nd Mother. But why.. why when it's Tony..?
He felt like he's replacing Richard completely. His dad that he always looks forward to coming home after months of waiting. Who'll wake him up with hugs and kisses after a being gone for so long. He didn't want to compare..