07.

"What if, you and I were meant to part ways,only so that we could find each other again

"What if, you and I
were meant to part ways,
only so that we could find
each other again."
̥*

It was officially Friday.
The day Knox told Natalia to meet him at the cave in the letter.

Natalia stood in front of a canvas in her shared dorm. She picked up the paintbrush beside her, and lightly dipped it in the paint palette.

At this point, she was realizing that she couldn't just have Knox out of her life.
She actually didn't even know if that's what she wanted.

They both have hurt each other, but maybe they could get passed it?

Natalia wanted to have hope, she did want to believe maybe in that letter Knox did love her.
That he finally felt the same and it wasn't because of Chris, it was just because he genuinely shared the same feelings as her.

Maybe it's true, he doesn't want Chris.
She felt selfish that she burned the letter, it was holding a special place in her heart like where he was.

Natalia resumed painting, doing brush strokes of a scene. It was memories of home.
Colors of forest green, and steel blue.

She would go to the lake every summer and there would be a nice golden sunset, fireflies would be everywhere and the water would be untouched.
Her eyes drifted from the canvas to the clock.

4:37.

Was she going to go?
Natalia sighed heavily and started to clean up. The painting was left unfinished, she left it on the easel.

She changed out of her painting clothes, to now wearing a nice comfy sweater. She styled herself up to look decent.
Her eyes were glued on the clock. She was about to leave, as soon as she opened the door there stood her two best friends.

"Yeah exactly- oh hey Natalia, I thought you were meeting us in the library." Shelly asked and Ginny stood beside her.
"About that, I'm going to have to rain check." Natalia spoke feeling a bit guilty for bailing on them.

"It's alright, will you be joining us later though?" Ginny questioned with a smile on her face and Shelly was wondering the same thing.

"Sure, of course." Natalia replied awkwardly and checked her watch. "Look i'll meet up with you two later, have fun!"
She left the two girls in the hallway, and sneaked out of the school without anyone noticing.

"Wonder why she's in such a hurry." Ginny commented and they entered her dorm.
"No idea." Shelly added and followed Ginny.