CHAPTER 17

CHAPTER 17

LUCAS'S P.O.V

I just couldn't stop myself from thinking about Evelyn .She is so sweet as well as pretty .I guess I was lucky that I could meet her at the party too .I couldn't stop myself from staring at her pretty face. I guess I was in love with her head over heels. I don't know whether it's just love or infatuation. But I could not clear my mind from thinking about her. I cannot stop the scenarios of that day in the party when I was dancing with her, staring at her beautiful eyes which could make anyone drown at them. I already missed her but unfortunately I forgot to ask for her number. Oh dumb me! Now I cannot ask her for her number because I only know that she works at the Raymond Corporation as Isaac's Personal Secretary .So I cannot go to her work and ask for her number because me being the CEO of Jordan cooperation, I could not afford the media making a huge deal out of it.

Instead I asked my Personal Secretary to manage some sources from where she could find Evelyn's number. But I thought that as I was already going towards the way of her office for the particular meeting of mine, it would be better if I also accompany my personal assistant and if I was lucky I will be able to see her face if we are destined to be .We left after having a meeting with my client in my office . After about an hour or so, after finishing the other meeting , the driver stopped the car in front of the Raymond's corporation office building. Immediately after reaching the above mention destination, Sia my personal secretary , dialed a number and whoever was receiving the call, she asked her to carefully come and stand in front of the building and at the right side of the parking lot she will be seeing a black Mercedes car parked , where she has to walk to and give Evelyn's contact information to us . Sia only told that person from whom she was taking Evelyn's contact information that only Sia had come for taking her number ,she didn't reveal that I ,Lucas Jordan also came there because otherwise it would be a big deal for the media because me and Isaac were showcased as the rivals in business industry as well as in personal life ,so anyone of us if seen together would create a big problem .As Sia received another call from that person ,saying that he or she was already standing in front of our car. Sia immediately got out of the car and closed the door .From my glass window of the car , my curiosity led me to look at that particular person who was giving me Evelyn's contact number in return of the huge amount of money that I was offering her.

I saw the face of a woman who might be of 25 or 26 years age ,her straight, dark red hair falling till her waist, she had big ,blue eyes .Her face looked so innocent as if she was very pure .Her face made me to remember about my childhood best friend Rachael ,she was also red haired just like her and her eyes were also big doe, ones just like her. Her blue eyes reminded him of Rachael's blue eyes and her face too looked very innocent just like this woman .She was so similar to that of Rachael. Her eyes, her hair, her face everything. Could it be possible that she was Rachael, my childhood best friend? My emotions rushed over and i could not stop himself from opening the door of my car .But before I could ask her what was her name ,she hurriedly went away from there ,putting her scarf closer to her face so that no one could see her.

He decided to follow her but before he could do that I was being called by Sia to enter the car otherwise his appearance would create a big problem for them. I immediately realized my mistake, so I opened the car door and sat inside the car. Sia gave me the page where Evelyn's contact information was written .I immediately jolted down the numbers to my phone, saved it to her name and quickly sent a hi and also added that I was Lucas who texted her .After a minute or so when I checked my phone, I saw that in her number and the text that I sent ,a blue tick appeared and was immediately followed by the word TYPING. She messaged me HII and asked me from where I got her number .I didn't want to disclose the person ,so I instead changed the topic and sent a wink emoji to her to which she responded with a laughing emoji .We talked for some time about some random stuffs and while we were texting ,suddenly she went offline. This made me feel anxious but I ignored the fact and stared doing some official work on my I pad .