Chapter 2

"Oh, by the way, get dressed up!" I heard the bum call after me as he marched back into the house with Sophia tucked in his arms.

I stretched without turning around and then went inside in a huff. Next, stomping, I headed over to Mika and looked at her indignantly. Yet, it seems she was happy with the decision she made.

"Tyler is a handsome guy, isn't he?" she prompted. Just then, I wanted to scream in anger, but after seeing her adorable smile, I calmed down a bit, "No ... I don't like him," I muttered, panting.
"What? But Tyler is so kind!"
Shaking her head, she leaned against my shoulder, "Listen, Rose! I know it's hard to meet new people, and you still are insecure with the language. But, Tyler is a brave person; he took good care of Sophia, he knows how to handle people. I believe he will take good care of you."

Dumbfounded, I stared at her.
"Please, do it for me."
"Mika, I really don't want anything to do with him," I mumbled, trying to convince her with my newfound puppy dog eyes. 
"Aww... Have you met Noah?"
Caught off guard, I looked to the side.
"This afternoon, Jin isn't here; your dad and I have plans too, you'd be alone, and I hate to leave you alone. So that's why you're going out with Tyler," were her last words before giving me a light, encouraging pat on my back.

After breakfast with the family, Jin and I were on our way to school.
The bus was crowded again today; Jin protected me like yesterday. Holding me close to him.
"Jin, you look tired."
"Yeah, I'm a little tired; I've been studying all night," yawning, he leaned against my shoulder.
"I'll try to get some sleep. Wake me up when we get there," he murmured in my ear as we stood by the door.
"People are staring," I whispered, looking around seeing all eyes on us.
"Who cares? Plus, people don't know us anyway."
I looked at him confused but didn't go any deeper into this topic.
"Whatever."

After 20 minutes, we were pushed out by the flood of people, Jin almost fell off me, but I held him tight and woke him up. Because he really slept.

On the way to school, we met Jason and Noah. They both came up to us with big grins and greeted us happily.
Jin was not in a good mood at all. But his friends didn't care, as they bombarded him with questions about some schoolwork.

Most of the girls who walked past us gushed and took pictures of the three of them as if they were some kind of star.
"That's enough! No more questions. Rose is my favorite person right now because she doesn't bug me! So, guys, shut up already!" Jin got loudly upset and scowled the two, to which they immediately fell silent.
"Better," he sighed, annoyed.
Jason and Noah each raked in on one of my arms and stuck their tongues out at Jin.
"Come on, let's ignore this idiot. Rose, let's go first," Noah hissed, and they both pulled me faster towards the school.

We heard Jin roaring after them, but they both skillfully ignored him.
"Today, while we're studying, we'll ignore him too," Jason remarked, to which Noah nodded.
I started laughing, "Aren't you guys a little mean to him?"
"He is mean to us, isn't he?" they both replied at the same time.
"Yeah, but he was annoyed, you could tell."
"So what? Just because you're annoyed, you don't take it out on others," Noah muttered. He looked so cute doing it as his eyes grew bullet-round.
"Whatever you say."

Jin had caught up with us after a while and pulled me out of their arms.
"Guys, that's enough. Sorry for yelling at you. But still, you shouldn't be kidnapping my sister and shoving stuff into her," he complained.
"Is it supposed to be an apology or a complaint now?" Jason wondered.
"Good question..." Noah mumbled, tousling his thick curly brown hair.
Again, I had to laugh, as they were acting like a married couple in a argument.
"I'm going to go to my class then," I said and wanted to move away from the three since they obviously needed some time to themselves.
"Wait, don't you want me to go with you?" Jin inquired.
"I think I still remember the way,"
"I'll go with you anyway," he muttered, "Guys, I'll be right back."