06

Once Lydia had dropped me back around to my house with my bag I began to unpack it, throwing the stuff in random piles and stuffing them in the corner of my room. When I was satisfied with the mess I had made look tidy enough I went downstairs to get ready for everyone to come over, I throw on the t-shirt I wear to bed and track pants as I flop onto one of the barstools that line the bench. I hadn't been the type of person who was allowed to have people stay over frequently because my parents were always busy with work, but on odd occasions like my birthday, they'd organise something. I picked up my phone to absentmindedly check my notifications and saw I had a text from Isaac.

scarf-boy l 10:39 pm

Hey love, just wondering
if I should come round for
the sleepover early :)

me I 10:43 pm

of course, miss you already x

scarf-boy I 10:45 pm

should I bring anything
over?

me I 10:47 pm

Nah, I'm all stocked here.
got the key to the alcohol
cabinet if we need it.

scarf-boy I 10:49 pm

sweet, see you soon love x

me I 10:50 pm

love you x

scarf-boy I 10:53 pm

not as much as I love you x

I smile down at my phone, stupid git never failed to make me smile, and my heart race.

Love am I, right?

I put my phone down on the bench and make my way to the cupboards to get out a bag of chips when my phone starts to buzz again. I pick it back up and see I have an incoming call from Lydia, I pick it up confused. Lydia has not once ever, ever, called me.

"Hello?" I ask into the phone, I hear Lydia sigh with relief on the other end.

"About time, I'm just calling to say that I have a dress to give to you that you can keep for tonight. I'll bring it with me when I'm done getting ready," She says quickly. I barely have time to protest or thank her before she hangs up on me.

I smile as I put my phone back down on the bench and move to the cupboard for the chips I had grabbed but gave up on getting.

Whilst waiting for Isaac I decided to make some chocolate chip cookies because they were the only things I know how to bake and I was so bored I had to make something or I would flip my shit.

I decided to make twice the normal amount I make because there was going to be more than just me eating them this time. I'm pulling the first tray out of the oven when Isaac arrives.

"Hey love, smells good in here." He says grinning as he walks over to me and kisses my forehead.

"Want a cookie? Fresh from the oven," I say smiling at him.

"Sure thing, have to admit I haven't had any sort of baking since my mum d...never mind. They smell amazing," Isaac said smiling sadly.

"Careful they're hot," I say as I turn back to the plate I was piling them on.

He reaches for a cookie and shoves it into his mouth. I gape at him as he chews it twice and swallows without even thinking about it and he winks at me.