8. deja-vu

Violet's POV:

We're all sitting around the meetings room's table.

Most of the men are looking at me. Staring.
As if they never saw a woman in their fucking life.

We're waiting for Blake and Jacob, but suddenly a man breaks the silence and speaks "Who are you? And what the hell are you doing here?" the audacity he just had.

I glance at him, as I see that every men is now looking down. "Your boss wants me here, and next time you want to ask questions with that tone why don't you ask him instead? I'm sure he won't kill you" I say sarcastically making a few men chuckle while the man lowers his head.

Blake and Jacob came in, looking handsome as hell. If only Blake wasn't an asshole.

Everyone stood up and when Blake made a sign with his hand they all sat down again.

"As you can see we have a guest-" Blake begins, referring to me as he quickly glances at me before continuing "- You will call her Miss Rodriguez and respect her not only because she's a woman, but also because we don't treat guests with disrespect" he's now sitting in his seat, and I've noticed his chair is bigger than the others and is at the head of the table.

Of course, he's the freaking boss.

They all nod, even that man from a few minutes ago.

"Good. Do you have any questions?" He asks, clearly not wanting questions but still making sure everybody understood.

"May I ask how long the woman will stay?" It's the same man, does he have a death wish or something?

I watch as Blake tenses at the question, more like at how the man formulated it.
"Were you even listening?" Blake seems angry, and the man is scared. As he should.

"Of course Boss" the man speaks again "Define listening, because I fucking told you how to call her. You don't call her woman, you don't call her slut or whore, or even by her name. You call her Miss Rodriguez, did your little brain understand this time?" Blake says slamming his hand on the table, making everyone flinch a little from the sudden act.

"The meeting is over, out." He stays in his seat while everyone gets up, leaving the room. I get up from my chair and walk towards the door, before he interrupts me.

"Miss Rodriguez, I'd like to talk to you."
Ugh do I really have a choice asshole? I walk to my seat again, while the last few men exit and here we are. Me and my boss alone. Ironic right?

"Of course Mr Ferreri, what can I do for you?" I know I'm probably the funniest person he's ever known.

He fakes a smile as if my question amused him, but then turns serious "My brother told me you wanted to see your friend." he was talking about Silvia, and I already know what he wants to say. "Unfortunately you can't go out and she doesn't know about this yet" he says, gesturing to the room. So Sil doesn't know his boyfriend is in the Mafia? Of course she doesn't, Violet. What a fucking question.

"How long is this going to last? I mean I can't stay here forever. And it's not like you're a big fan of me" I smile at my sarcasm but he doesn't find me funny. His humour must be dead.

"Jacob is still trying to figure out what to do, until then you'll stay here" he says, still not giving me a full answer.

"This could last a day or even a year Mr Ferreri, so respectfully, let me go out with Silvia, we'll have a bunch of guards with us" I try to convince him.