1

(y/n) didn't know what to expect when she straightened up her long, pastel dress. She was already contemplating if she'd just pretend as if she had a bad stomach to skip out on the party.

The more she thought about coming face to face with the Camilo Madrigal, the more she felt like throwing up in nervousness. What would she even do if- when the time comes? Plus, she already promised Isabela that she'd be there.

With one last look in the mirror, the young Sanchez shook her thoughts away and hurried down the stairs as she heard her father's calls.

"There you are, mija. I thought you had a diarrhea again." He shoots his daughter a knowing look.

She rolled her eyes with a huff. "Hush, papá. Let's just go already, I want to eat all of Tía Julieta's delicious arepas con queso."

"Ah, I remember when you and Camilo used to share-"

"Ay, Dios mio. Come on, now. Mateo is waiting outside." The girl pushed her father through the door.

She locked the door just in case, even though it was kind of useless considering crime never happened in Encanto. Sometimes, she thinks this town is a little too perfect.

In the distance, the Sanchez family can already see the bright lights of La Casa Madrigal and the people of Encanto making their way to the house.

The thought of finally being back there did excite (y/n). The last gift ceremony was Mirabel's and, well... it ended up with everyone feeling hopeless.

She wondered how Mirabel was right now. If Antonio gets a gift tonight, she would feel even more like she doesn't belong.

And Antonio... he must be really nervous to disappoint the people. He's probably worrying about the chance that he wouldn't get a gift just like his favorite cousin.

Anyway, (y/n) hoped they were both well and the party would be hopeful this time.

As they neared the home of the Madrigal's, (y/n) spotted Camilo greeting the guests in front of the entrance, shape-shifting into the people arriving to lighten up the atmosphere more.

"Mierda." She whispered.

"(y/n), watch your language." Her father quietly scolded.

"Sorry, papá." She apologized as she made her way behind her papá.

Camilo was surprised to find the oldest and youngest Sanchez hand in hand ahead. He didn't see the head of the Sanchez family as often as he saw Mateo who would always be outside, playing with his friends.

"Holá, Tío Sanchez!" He shape-shifted into little Teo and tickled him. Mateo giggled before Camilo transformed back to himself.

"Camilo, you've grown a lot! Got a girlfriend already?" Her very nosy father said in a teasing manner. (y/n) internally facepalmed as Camilo's cheeks reddened.

"No, not yet." Camilo replied, rubbing his nape.

The boy was usually full of energy and bubbly but he can't help but be shy around Mr. Sanchez. I mean, he used to have a huge crush on his daughter.

(y/n)'s father elbowed Camilo gently, "(y/n) is quite the beauty, you know, just saying-"

"Papá!" She shoved her father away, making him stumble a few steps forward while he chuckled. Heat rushed up to her cheeks in embarrassment as she turned to the shapeshifter who had his eyes widened and his mouth slightly agape. "I'm sorry about him, Camilo. We'll be going now."

Mateo pulled his father towards the house in excitement as (y/n) closely followed behind when she felt a hand grasp around her wrist. She panned her gaze to Camilo, still holding a shocked expression except he looked more flustered.

The passerby's gave them a delighted look, they were thrilled to see the once inseparable pair together again.

(y/n) sweetly smiled at the boy. "You have guests to welcome, Camilo."

Camilo snapped back into reality, retrieving his hand from her arm. "Right! Uh, (y/n)..."

Her name sounded so foreign to him, now. He hadn't spoken it in ages. He stared into her beautiful, (e/c) eyes, getting lost in them once again.

"I'll find you."

She let out an airy chuckle, "then, I'll be waiting."

(y/n) walked through the entrance of La Casa Madrigal, immediately being engulfed in a hug by Pepa. Camilo went back to his business, some people giving him a teasing look which he only smirked to.

"(y/n)! Oh, how I've missed you so much!"

"I missed you too, Tía Pepa. I'm very excited for Antonio. I hope he gets an awesome gift!"

"I hope so too, hija. I'm so happy to see you. You know, I wish you'd come by again just like old times."

"We'll see, Tía."

Pepa smiled at the young girl until she heard Abuela gather everyone's attention. "Well, I better get up there."

She waved at her retreating figure before settling beside her father who was carrying Mateo on his shoulders.

Abuela, Felix, and Pepa all stood on top of the stairs next to the wooden door to Antonio's upcoming room.

She locked eyes with the shapeshifter near the bottom of the stairs and sent a smile on his way. Camilo was taken aback but reciprocated her actions.

The spotlight was on Antonio, now. A few seconds have passed but he refused to move even with Casita's help. (y/n) fought the urge to run up to the adorable boy and give him a big hug.

He suddenly reached his hand out to someone, silently muttering an "I need you."

Everyone was surprised to see Mirabel slowly walk to the youngest Madrigal. She carefully held his hand as they inched towards the path and up the stairs.

(y/n) could only smile at their cuteness. Meanwhile, Camilo felt his heart skip a beat when he snuck a peek at her. He admired her from afar, completely forgetting about his little brother's gift ceremony. His best friend was finally back, and he can see her right in front of his eyes.

The bright, glowing lights from Antonio's door caught his attention. A toucan flew on his arm, shocking everyone.

"Uh huh, uh huh. I understand you!" He said quite adorably. "Of course they can come!"

More animals rushed into La Casa Madrigal. Mateo got down from his father's back and petted the raccoons passing by.

(y/n) laughed in happiness, she forgot how these magical ceremonies felt like. It was therapeutic, everything looks amazing and mystical.

Antonio's picture with some animals around him appeared on his door and Abuela sighed in relief. She really didn't need to make her perfectionism obvious.

"We have a new gift!"