Chapter three- That is not a color

Sorry this chapter is short!!
----------------------------------------------
Dovelyn's pov

The bell finally rang, making the class buzz. Students hurried to the door of the classroom, eager to get to their last class of the day. I followed in suit, Avery trailing behind me.

We stopped and gave each other a quick hug before splitting up to different classes.

"I'm still mad at you for setting me up with Raven!" I scowled and as she walked away.

"Honey, you should be thanking me!" She yelled over her shoulder. My scowl turn bigger at her words. Giving a huff I spun on my heel, only to face Raven. I let out a startled gasp and glared at him.

"You scared me!" I exclaimed, starting to walk to my next class.

"I'll hold your hand if you're scared," Raven joked.

"In your dreams," I scoffed, making him let out a chuckle. My hand was engulfed into warmth and I looked down to see my hand intertwined with his.

My breath caught in my throat and I smiled nervously, but Raven didn't stop there.

"I'm holding Dovelyn's hand!" Raven shouted, raising our hands. The hallway grew louder as they gossiped about us.

"Thanks." I muttered dryly.

"Anytime Dovelyn," he smiled broadly, not detecting my sarcasm. I rolled my eyes as Raven lowered our tangled hands.

I came to a stop in front of my next class. Raven stopped with me and I sent him a questioning look.

"Is this your last class?" I asked, titling head to the side.

"No. I have English," he scowled before it turned into a smile a he looked at me," I was just walking you."

I blushed and nodded, turning to go.

I felt a warm sensation on my cheek and blushed even more when I realized that Raven had just kissed me on the cheek. My hand flew to my cheek as tingles danced on my skin. Raven winked at me before walking toward his next class.

I looked after him, flustered.

My last class went by slowly. All I could think about was Raven. I was so excited for our 'date' but I was super nervous too.

"Bye Lyn! Have fun on your date!" Avery yelled as she past me, using my nickname. I glared at her, which resulted in her laughing. I shuffled in my locker, trying to find a book. When I finally found it, I stuffed it into my bag.

Shutting my locker, I nearly jumped out of my skin when I shut my locker to see Raven on the other side. He let out a laugh that made my legs wobble, yup I was crushing, so freaking hard.

"You ready?" He asked.

"Yeah!" I said trying to calm my racing heart. He took my bag from me, and grabbed my hand. I was freaking out inside. Electric shocks ran through my body and I let out a inaudible gasp. He tugged me along and we soon came to stop at a solid black Ferrari Enzo.

"You have got to be kidding me," I gasped.

"What?" He asked opening the passenger door side for me.

"This is like literally my most favorite car ever!" I squealed, sliding into the car. I got another chuckle from Raven. He shut my door and walked around the car the the drivers' side and put my bag in the back of the car. We buckled up and drive out of the parking lot leaving the school behind.

"So you sing?" I asked. That was a stupid question of course he did he had singing class with me.

"Yeah. I also like the piano," he replied.

"Really? I have a piano at my house, my parents say it was my moms before she-" I stopped why was I telling him I was adopted. Raven's face showed his concern.

"I'm sorry for your loss," he murmured.

"It's okay. I didn't know my parents at all," I said trying to disguise the crack in my voice. He noticed. Pain and regret flashed across his face. Wait, regret? Okay then, just ignore that and have fun, I told myself. He drove us to one of my favorite restaurants.

"I love this place!" I exclaimed opening my door before Raven could and getting out.

"Yea? You'll have to recommend something for me to try then," he smiled. I grinned at him but uncertainty quickly painted my face. 

"Are you sure about this?" I asked looking at him.

"Yeah," he said simply.

Again he took my hand. This boy was gonna give me a heart attack. We sat down and ordered. It was actually fun, I felt so relaxed talking to him. We played twenty questions until our food came.

"Thanks," I said to the waitress as she set my food down. She nodded, smiled, and gave Raven his food. We were sitting in comfortable silence until he reached over and took one of my shrimp. I protested and took one of his fries for retaliation. We ordered two totally different things. He ordered a burger and fries and I got a steak with a side of shrimp. He laughed, and stuffed the shrimp into his mouth while I did he same with his fry.

"Okay, favorite color?" He asked.

"White." I said.

"That is not a color young lady." he replied laughing. I blushed and laughed with him.

"What about you?" I asked still giggling at my stupidity.

"Red," he replied. I nodded slowly.

When we were done eating he payed the bill much to my protests, and again stole my hand with his. Wow it was dark, how much time did we spend in the restaurant?

We were walking to his black car when three burly figures stepped into the little light we had. Raven's pace increased as he kept walking.

"Give us the girl," one of them growled.

Okay now I was confused.

"No," Raven said cooly coming to a stop about eight feet away from the three people.

"Give her to us and you will live," the middle one spat out.

"You'll have to kill me then," Raven said gripping my hand tighter. The three men darted forward, two grabbing Raven and one grabbing me. I heard him yell.

The next thing I knew I felt a flash of excruciating pain slice through my gut and screamed. I heard Raven yell my name as someone punched me in the face. I heard a terrible crack of bone shattering. I would've screamed but my conscience was fading fast and I was numb. I was flung through the air and smacked against a wall, I heard someone scream my name desperately before loosing complete consciousness.