CHAPTER TEN

Michael's POV

I am sitting on a chair in the kitchen looking at my mate as she prepares grilled cheese sandwiches for breakfast. I really need to stock up the fridge soon, there is hardly anything in it. She turns her head to look at me, giving me one of her breathtaking smiles then goes back to flipping the food on the pan. Last night was one of the best nights of my life although it had its awkward moments where it seemed like she was avoiding any form of skin contact with me, which hurt but I guess she wants to take things slow, at some point though she snuggled closer to me which I am happy about. Vincent is in the living room watching cartoons on TV, since our meeting earlier, he has not said much, he is too young to fully understand the relationship I share with his mother, I hope one day soon Kathy and I will be able to explain to him that we are a family now.
Once She's done, she places the sandwiches on three separate plates on the counter top with three cups of orange juice. She calls out to our son for breakfast then we proceed to eat.
"Alpha, your parents have just passed the border and they are on their way to the pack house" Chris says through mind link . How could I forget that they were arriving back from their trip today? I guess a lot has happened in the last twenty-four hours. "Okay, we will be coming soon". Now I have to inform my mate that she will be meeting her in laws soon.
"Kathy" I say as she look up from her plate waiting for me to speak. "My parents are back from their trip and I would like for you to meet them"
"Oh, okay" she says hesitantly.
"If you are not ready then we can meet them at a later date" I quickly say, not wanting to rush her.
" No, it's fine, I would like to meet them."

Later, we get ready and go to the pack house, we head upstairs, Kathy remains on the second floor to take Vincent to her mother and will join me after. Once I open my door, I find my mother and father who seemed to be in a deep conversation standing in my office. "Hi Mum, Dad, welcome back" giving my mum a kiss on the cheek and I receive a pat on the back from my dad. People say I look more like my mum than my dad with the brown hair and blue eyes.
"Thanks son" dad says
"So Michael anything you want to tell us? My mum asks grinning

"Okay, who told you guys?"

"Who told us what?" .
"That I found her"
"Who?"
"Muuuum!" she cackles, Dad shakes his head in amusement.
"Okay, we know that you found your mate, Sandra told us as soon as we entered the house though she didn't mention who she was. So, where is she?" just then, the door opens and Kathy walks in, she notices that there are other people in the room and nervously walks towards me as I hold out my hand towards her and she places her hand in mine, I give her an assuring smile and we turn to face my parents.
"Mum, Dad, I would like to introduce you guys to my mate Kathy" I say. They stare for a few seconds not knowing what to say. I guess we will always have that effect on people.
"Kathy? , from the Moonshine pack?, the...nice to see you again Kathy" Mum says and wraps her arms around Kathy in a hug " it's really nice to see you, and now you are my sons mate that makes you my daughter in law, it's a small world, wow, who would have thought"
"Welcome to the family Kathy" My dad says
"Thank you Alpha" she says.

"Well, why don't Kathy and I get to know it each other over a cup of coffee while you two catch up" mum says as she takes my mate and leaves the office. I go around my desk to sit in my chair as my father sits across from me. "I can see that you haven't marked her yet"
"We only met yesterday Dad "
"Son, you know that mates usually mark each other within hours of meeting"

"Why are you asking me whether I have marked her or not? It will happen".

"Am just saying that it is good that you have waited because you need to think things through"
"Think things through? what things? There is nothing to think about, I will mark her soon"
"Son, she's older She's a widow, she has a son"
"I know but she's also beautiful and kind, she's makes me happy besides you and I both know that I can't reject her"
" Look son, it is the will of the goddess that you two are to be together, I will not question it. I don't want to fight with you, all I will say is that above all else. You are an Alpha and the decisions you make must always be for the good of the pack."
" first you say things like she's not good enough then you mention the will of the goddess, you are contradicting yourself and confusing me"
"Just do what you think is right " he says then leaves my office. I release a heavy sigh and rub my temples, I grab a stash of papers to go through them. I need to get back to my duties as Alpha. I need a distraction.