Chapter 34 - Thank U, Next (Edited)

The Above song by Ariana Grande fits this chapter so well 😭

Texts in italics are events from the past

DANIEL

I went to some big fancy Mexican flower shop called San Francisco Florist. I had earlier done a photo shoot there with my girlfriend Natalie.

I could remember all the whites and pinks decorated everywhere with balloons and flowers of different types, it was a pretty big deal when the news of one of the sons of the wealthiest man began to date the daughter of a famous actor. It was a private relationship anyways but the media always wanted something to talk about for some time.

It was perfect. We were the perfect couple. She was sweet and kind and also an amazing girlfriend to have.

I stepped through the large glass doors which I always forget were there because of how crystal clear they were.

"Hello, Mr. Daniel, you're welcome to San Francisco Florist. We have the best flowers here for all kinds of occasions, please if you would follow me this way, My name is Fabio, I'd like to show you our newest arrivals that were brought just for you" A man in a black suit now known as Fabio said in a thick French accent as approached me with a smile that seems all to fake and desperately seeking for attention.

"That's great, Thank you" I said and he nodded in response and turned around and began showing me all kinds of flowers I never knew existed.

Actually, I have never paid much interests in flowered or plants in general.

"The can serve as a form of plant which aids in sleeping.... And the helps to enhance reading and understanding, just keep it next to your reading environment and it's do the trick" Fabio continued and I could see he had a lot of interest in.

"Thank you, Fabio, but I have to get going. I have made my decision and I would love to get a bunch of Saffron Crocus"

"That'll be fifteen thousand dollars, Sir"

"Use my card"

*

"Aww my little man's growing up" Bryan said ruffling my hair as he saw the flowers I had bought for Natalie.

"Oh stop it" I said fixing my hair.

"Do you think she'll like it?" I said picking up the flowers and walking towards the car.

Bryan had decided to drive me to Natalie's house because 'He wants to witness one of the biggest moments in my life'.

"Don't sweat it, no one would reject a $15k flower, besides it's from your heart, that's what matters, you'll be fine" Bryan said as he drove out of our house.

The drive to Natalie's usually took around 15 minutes and thankfully we could get some privacy. We lived in one of those big private residential real estates and so only those who owned houses here could access it.

"I'll be right there with you, I just have to take some calls" Bryan said waving his phone in the air.

I nodded in response and began walking towards the large glass doors that I've become all too familiar with because Natalie's parents weren't around most of the time and so she threw parties almost every time and I attended most of them.