chapter 10

Alex's  POV

It's been 5 days since Zoyas incident. The twins went back to college. Allan went back to the other base. And today it's me who is driving Zoya to school.

She walked into the room wearing her cute uniform  as always and kissed everyone good morning. She started eating her breakfast but got lost staring at the bowl. I kicked her slightly under the table. "Whats wrong?" I whispered to her. She looked and me and shook her head then hot back to her cereal.

Mom gave her medicine and she took her backpack and went into the car after kissing everyone in the table goodbye. I got in and started the car then drove to her school. While on the way she looked like someone who was playing a jigsaw puzzle in her head.

"Whats wrong?" I asked her again. She huffed and sunk into her sit. "I just can't remember  who came in" she said. "Who came in where?" I said taking a turn. "It may sound crazy but when I was in the hospital someone came into my room. He said he loves me  and promised to never leave my side even if I wanted  him to" she said frowning.

"Did you feel frightened by it?" I asked getting into the school gates. "Nop not at all. Actually felt safe" she said looking out the window. "Who ever it was wasn't someone I talk to everyday" she muttered. "Want me to find out for you?" I asked. "Nop , I'll do this on my own" she said. I nodded and we both got out the car.

I was supposed to.go and explain why Zpya had been absent from school for the past five days and negotiate  with Mr Leckford  about his daughter's injuries. Which is just 3 broken teeth. Nothing much if you ask me.

I put on a straight face not even noticing anything around me and especially  the girls drooling over me who were as old as my little sister whose hand was in mine. She was holding my hand tightly. "Next off , the room of horrors" she whispered as she opened the door to the principals office. I got in and stood at the door taking in the room I spent most of my high school in and for some reason she always thought I wouldn't make it in life.

"Mr Rammos  good to see you. And I see you've brought your sister with you" she said looking at Zoya weirdly. Zoya looked everywhere except at her. "Please take a seat" I nodded and sat across her.

"Why hasn't Ms  Zoya Annamore  Rammos  not been attending  school for the past 5 days? The rules clearly say that a child enrolled specifically enrolled at this school is supposed to take a-" she liked to exercise  her power on me but little did she know that I could have her killed by a snap  of a finger. "Then I'll transfer  her" I said while leaning into my chair and placing my right  ankle above my left knee.

"Your rule says that if a child is absent for absolutely no reason at all she'll or he'll be expelled. But who said she was absent because she wanted to be absent ?" She looked  at me and chuckled and looked at me. "And where do you propose you'll find a better school than the one you are in right now"  she said leaning into her chair too. "You're too proud of yourself. You're fired" I said and got up from my chair. "Zoya let's get you to class." She nodded and I walked her to her class.

"See you at home the driver will be picking you up" I said. She nodded and I  kissed her forehead  and she kissed my cheek."You're to tall I can't kiss your forehead" she said. I smiled "I like your kiss on my cheek better anyway" I said ruffling her hair. I laughed as she got into class then I made my way back to my car.

Zoya's POV

"Ms Rammos  good to gave you back. Please take a sit" said my English teacher. I nodded and when I looked  for a place the only place available was at the back next to Dillan Kai.

"It's just for one  class" I muttered as I made my way to my seat. After settling down the teacher started talking about an article we were supposed to be working on.