Chapter 1: Who is She?

Hi it's Tea! This story will be in Aki and Hina's POV! This chapter will mostly be in narrative pov.

Also Italics = thoughts

Aki heard of soulmates before. His friends would tell him stories of soulmate stories they heard and hope they all find theirs someday too.

In this world, soulmates find each other after seeing them for the first time. Some say it feels like butterflies in your stomach when you first see your soulmate, others say they meet their soulmate after touching for the first time. When they touch their soulmate they'll feel a spark shoot up through them and feel that they need that person. However, in rare cases some soulmates realize they're destined for each other from a marking they share that can only be discovered after touching and staring at each other. Their soulmate will also have a distinct scent that only they can smell. They'll be drawn in during that moment and cannot live without the other afterwards.

These soulmates are rare because everything about them gets intertwined, including their lives. Most soulmates just feel that attraction that they're destined to be with each other, however not all soulmates are romantically involved.

Aki always wondered what his soulmate would be like. Is she short or tall? Is she sporty or elegant? He hoped she's a kind person and would be happy to be his soulmate once he met her. He also wondered how they'll discover that they're soulmates.

One day, Aki was walking to the grocery store when he smelled a faint scent of peaches and lilacs. He wondered where the scent was coming from when a woman bumped into him as he was about to walk into the store. All of a sudden that scent of peaches and lilacs was strong and he felt sparks all over his body. He looked into the woman's eyes and knew she was the one for him.

The lady apologized for bumping into him and causing him to fall over. She had a flushed pink hue on her cheeks as she stared at him. She got up and started to walk away but Aki grabbed her hand.

"Please don't go," he pleaded with a look of longing in his eyes. Aki had a million things he wanted to ask but all he could ask was one thing. "What is your name?"

She looked at him again before responding. "My name is Hina Satome."

Hina didn't understand why he really needed to know her name since she didn't think they'd meet again. The thing is, for Hina to recognize he's her soulmate they'd have to kiss so she doesn't feel all that Aki is feeling for Hina right now. She's confused but she still decides to ask him, "why do you seem to long for me even though we just met?"

Aki was taken aback by her question. He takes her hand and finds a bench they can sit on so he can explain what he's feeling. He tells her about a rare type of soulmate and that he's her soulmate. He tells her that she has a peaches and lilac scent that only he can smell.

Hina was surprised but also understood that if they're really the rare type of soulmates then she can't leave him right now since they're connection isn't complete since she doesn't feel it.

"I'm sorry Aki. Mine is a bit different because I need to be able to kiss you to be able to know if you're actually my soulmate. It's an uncommon way to find your soulmate but my mom also had this trait so it passed down to me." She stares at him and wonders what he'll do next.

Aki brings his face lower and closer to hers and connects their lips. Hina flutters her eyes closed and feels that he's her soulmate too. He has a scent of the ocean that she could get herself lost in. She didn't want to let go of him or his scent. She felt the sparks he felt when they first touched with every touch of their lips.

He deepened the kiss and kissed her like he was an animal that craved her. She let out a sound and Aki was pleased by it. He finally separated from her and was pleased by what he had done.

Hina was out of breath and her lips were swollen from their kissing just now. Although they didn't make out, it was still a really heated kiss. This was also Hina's first kiss as well.

Aki brought his face to her ear, positioning his mouth right next to it. "You're mine Hina." Hina felt her knees buckle as he said that but he caught her before she fell. He took her hand in his and had her join him on his grocery shopping trip.

Hey guys! So sorry about not posting this! I apologize if there's any grammar issues or anything else. I haven't wrote in what felt like a year so please bare with me :)

If you have any suggestions or comments please let me know you're thoughts, thank you!

Also vote if you liked it thanks :)