Deux

"Does what I want matter?"

"Of course it does."

Nicki rolled her eyes and laid in the bed on her back. Bey wanted to start back with the business, while Nic wanted to wait a while.

She felt like they still needed time to work on themselves. Getting their marriage together and becoming one again.

The both of them knew they were falling, but only one wanted to put in work to fix it. Beyoncé felt like it would come naturally.

After the near death situation, Nicki didn't really want it to start back. She was scared for their lives.

"You're not acting like it..I'm not even fully healed, but you don't care so..."

"What makes you think I don't care? And it's been two years...how are you not healed?"

"It doesn't matter Bey. Go to sleep."

Beyoncé laid back and thought about her words. She's always been in crazy situations because of the way she worded things.

They always came out like she was being selfish.

"Mama I didn't mean it like that..."

"You did...You don't really care...This morning I asked you to help me carry a box and you acted like it was worst thing ever..."

Her tears were starting.

"I was tired baby.."

"Yea well I am too. Putting my all into raising our children and you..i'm more than tired. But you don't hear me complaining."

Beyoncé wrapped her arm around Nicki and kissed her cheek.

"I'm sorry...really. I didn't mean to come off like that. Baby I care, I really care. I'm sorry and it won't happen again. I promise."

"Don't promise.....Excuse me, I need to call my son." She wiped her face and walked out of the room with her phone.

They dropped Jaylen off at the party that morning and hadn't received a call since. She was becoming paranoid. Needing to hear his voice to assure he was fine.

This is his first sleepover so she was very cautious. Also the first time he's been out of her sight, unless it was with a really close family member.

Being her parents or brother. They hadn't even slept at her friends house with their kids. She couldn't be sure that they would be safe there.

Unless it was Robyn. Since she was part of that life as well. With security around her home.

"Hi Mommy." Jaylen answered excitedly.

"Hey my baby...Are you having fun?"

"Yes ma'am..We're playing football now."

"Outside? It's dark big boy.."

Her heart began beating fast. Outside at night could result into bad things. She thought about all the drive bys they'd done.