9-♪- All To Well

♪-Chapter-nine

The song for this chapter is Taylor Swift's "All To Well"- the lyrics are chopped up because i chose the lines that seemed to fit Aria and Teegan so listen to the music while you read if you like but be warned, the lyrics come at different times during the song.

 ~*~

            “What the heck are doing up so early?” Zach asks me irritated as he rubs his eyes. “Don’t you know it’s rude to wake people up in-“ he checks the clock. “In seven in the morning!”

            I roll my eyes at his dramatics.

            Flipping a pancake, the sizzling noise pierces the air and Zach suddenly gasps.

            In the second that it takes for me to blink, Zach has shoved me out from my position of standing in front of the stove.

            “Hey!” I protest, trying to avoid getting batter on him.

            Zach doesn’t respond. He bends low within eye level of the sizzling pancake.

            Breathing in a whiff, he sighs. “Pancakes.”

            I throw him a weird look as I carefully slide the spatula under the pancake and transfer it to a plate.

            Without even a moment’s hesitation, Zach grabs the pancake off of the plate I am holding and sinks his teeth into it.

            “Hot hot” he mutters, exhaling deeply and trying to get rid of the steam.

            He takes another wolfish bite, breathing heavily to get rid of all the hot steam.

            All I can do is stare.

            He was savage.

            Like an animal who hasn’t eaten in days.

            But I knew that wasn’t true, I had watched him eat six pizzas at two in the morning as a “snack”.

            Feeling slightly sick, I turn back to my work and meticulously scoop up some batter, plopping it down onto the pan.

            The melodic harmony of the sizzling dances about in the air, the sunlight from the window reflecting off the white kitchen seems to create an enchanting feeling within the room.

            The entire white washed wales and the dark mahogany cupboards contrast nicely with a play of light and dark. In the middle of the color scheme, tanned, marbled tabletops create a warm, casual feeling to the kitchen.

            Fiddling with the knobs to the stove, I check on the eggs.

            Realizing that it was silent, I half turn to see Zach leaning against the sink, a calculating look to his eyes.

            “What?” I ask, tucking a strand of my hair behind my ear.

            Pursing his lips, Zach wrinkles his nose and I turn around to flip some more pancakes.

            “Where were you yesterday?” he asks me curiously.

            I falter slightly as I shake the pan on the stove.

            Taking my time to not respond, I bend and check the oven to see the potatoes browning nicely.

            “Nowhere, just the fair for a breath of fresh air,” I reply lightly, avoiding eye contact.