𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

𝐊𝐀𝐌𝐑𝐘𝐍

Colorful lights illuminate the half pipe as competitors warm up and prepare for Fire and Ice.

I've been so nervous all day. I may talk big game but I haven't done this in years.

"All right, what do you guys think?" Will asks as we walk, he grabs my hand and intertwines our fingers the best he can through these gloves. "See any lucky owls outside, Sam?" He teases.

"Hey, bro, we don't need luck." Sam insists.

"Yeah, he's right." Dink smiles. "Forecast calls for victory, straight up."

"Where's Kayla?" Will asks. I haven't seen her all day.

"I, uh..." I look behind me to see Nick's dad. "I think I can help you with that."

I grimace at him. "I sure hope not." I reply honestly.

"I'm here!" Kayla exclaims as she runs towards us in swift gear.

"Hey, there you are." Sebastian smiles at her, bringing her in for a hug. "As of last night, Kayla rejoined the Swift team."

"I'm sorry." Kayla shrugs at us.

"Welcome back, kiddo." Sebastian sighs.

My sister does to before saying, "Sebastian." She starts taking off her jacket making me smirk.

"What are you doing?" He asks, a worried look plastered on his face.

"I forgot to turn in my Swift Gear." She smiles handing him the clothes. "I couldn't wear it anyway. I mean, teal is just so last season."

"You're gonna regret that." He starts. "You're... You're... Hey, Kayla. -Kayla!"

I part from Will and sling an arm around her. "You had me worried for a moment."

"Oh! Sorry, but it's gonna take a whole lot more than a new uniform to get rid of me." She says making us both laugh.

"Hey I'm sorry for being a jerk to you— all the time." I say honestly. She gives me a tight squeeze.

"You're forgive, Kammie."

"Oh, they came just in time!" Andrea runs up to us excitedly. "I give you the Kayla Morgan designed team uniform for-"

"Hot Doggers!" We exclaim as we examine the black and red designs.

"Awe they turned out great." I coo.

Will's mom continues to pass them out before grabbing Donald. "All right, we're gonna go find a good spot to watch. Break a leg. I mean, don't break a leg." We laugh it off before heading for the half pipe.

***

"Ladies and gentlemen, go home, 'cause this event's for maniacs and shredders!" Fireworks pop as the announcer continues. "Up first, men's half-pipe. The crowd is ready to see these top-notch riders throw down!"

"You got this!" I yell to the boys as they walk off.

Will turns and runs to me. "I think I might need some extra luck." He leans down and kisses me making all the warmth in my body go to my face. He pulls back and says, "Bye." Before running off.

Nick goes first and "eats it." "Up next, Will Cloud." We all cheer loudly for him. He takes the half pipe head on. "A frontside 7 indy into a cab 7 with his palm."