Chapter 5: Lucky Charm

Carlos slept happy that night after their "date".

He hasn't felt that happy and alive in a long time. He kept on looking at the photo of Victoria with the flowers.

He made it his wallpaper

He made it his wallpaper. He doesn't care if people see it. She makes him happy and that's what' important. It's also the first time in months that he didn't get the urge to drink or to fuck random girls. Of course he had a few x-rated thoughts involving Victoria but those can wait.

While looking at his phone he receives a text from her.

"Carlos Sainz not a bad person, good luck today xx"

He wonders what xx mean. Is that x-rated? He opens up Google to check and it is means kiss. So with all his charm and flirtatious prowess, he replies with just a kiss "x" which can also mean x rated thoughts.

He laughs like a lunatic.

"Carlos, what are you smiling about? Are you sexting a girl?" Rupert asks

"No Ruperto. You cannot do that no. Not sexting. Just wholesome texting" he replies trying to hold his smile

"Carlos, you are in love mate. I can see it. Is that the beautiful Victoria you are texting?"

"None of your business mate. My little secret"

"Okay. Warm up starts in 5 mins?"

"Si, see you mate"

He looks at his phone again with Victoria blowing him a kiss and he kisses his screen back like a horny and lovestruck teenager. Ay ay ay.

He has only known this woman for 4 days and yet all he can think of is her. She helps him focus and the happiness she brings him with her humor and tenderness just inspires him to be better.

He starts on pole for today's race. First ever pole position after 5 years in Formula 1.

Race day is usually tense and requires utmost focus. Carlos usually feels very nervous on raceday but this one is different. He is focused and relaxed that his trainer and his mechanics noticed the difference.

He just thinks of Victoria and he can focus. He drove magnificently in Silverstone during qualifying and during the race.

Despite all the pressure from Perez and Hamilton, he was able to pull through and achieve P1. Today he proved he is a race winner. He is not just a driver with a name and connections. He can win.

AND HE WINS! Carlos Sainz -P1.

He parks at parc ferme. He saw his team and his family crying tears of joy for him.

He stood at the top step of the podium for the first time and his father is crying. he is overwhelmed with joy.