Chapter 4

Eden Pov

I would not know if the act was impetuous, but it seemed so in the situation. 

It was done swiftly and extremely fast. I should have stayed as being the delicate little fragile flower everyone wanted me to be. Instead, I just had to become annoying and talk... give actions... something like that back. It is for the best that I keep silent.

So far, I have only been seen as delicate and fragile, so I do not think that it has been working. You could compare me to a flower or something. I can be a thorn in your side when I really want to be. As of right now I am dying. Okay, a little bit of an over exaggeration. Not though.

Back to the moments when my life ended. It hurt like I was burning in hell, and I do not happen to know that feeling but I feel a bit dramatic right now. Although werewolves have a higher pain tolerance and can heal much faster than the average human being, I can still feel it. Honestly, the crack sounded like one of those mountain glaciers collapsing. Everyone could hear it even without our better hearing. Even a human could hear it.

I should not be thinking about it, but it really fascinated me. My old pack never tried to ram into me before and I was glad about that. This was not my old pack though it was a highly different one and do not forget my pack and this pack hate each other. They had beef with each other. I mean I technically also have beef with my old pack but let us ignore that for the moment.

How can this be fair? I never did anything terrible. I mean it was just a "feel my wrath" moment. At the very least I know I tried to be on my best behavior.

Through these million thoughts of mine a commotion started. Xavier was no longer near me as sir alpha was attacking him. Not playfully but full on "I will murder you" way. I have never seen such a cold glare towards another individual.

Being the over dramatic individual I am, the acting started to come. It was as if I was on death's door. I was very amused by myself. For me specifically. For Xavier not so much as Mr. Alpha had started to be held back by Alex. Xavier might live!

On the bright side if you could count it as one, I could scream "bloody murder" but that may change depending how this forsaken day ends. I always wanted to do it, but there was no reason until now. It depends on what is about to happen. That would be disappointing if it went the wrong way.

A long time ago, three months ago. Exceedingly long. I was told that I tend to deflect my pain onto something else and do something that distracts my brain like daydreaming or the sort. I never thought that it was true. I should listen to people more often.

Back to the present. Connor was at my side now, but I was still very much in my wolf form and not bothering to shift back to human. Connor was trying to convince me, but I felt another presence that was distracting me. They were close to the clearing we were in.

I was on alert trying to find where this new person was coming from. I soon found out when they became visible. I stood up, which I quickly regretted as soon as the act was done. You could hear small cracks like when someone cracks their fingers. It was not from my hands though. It was coming from my spine. Stifling pain came shouting and I decided that I would lay back down. It is for the best.

The person who emerged was clearly angry, but she was very pretty. Now that I look at it, she looks like she is angry at Xavier. I already like her. I have never met her in my life, but we are on the same page, angry at Xavier. Alex let go of Mr. Alpha who I remember now as Lucien. It was good but now I was his new target.

Why me of all people? He could just sit back and relax because this new lady is going to beat up Xavier by herself. Just watch the show man! No instead he started to stalk towards me as if he were in slow motion.

I got impatient and started to look back and forth from the main attraction to Lucien. How I know his name well is because I am still from the beta family of the Midnight Rose Pack, I should have known his name earlier. The main attraction was this lady striding towards Xavier who looked more scared than he was when Lucien was trying to kill him. How does that make sense? Is the alpha of the pack not supposed to be the scariest? 

Her strides lengthened until she broke into a run and shifted as she was about to reach a full sprint. Now Xavier looked like he had seen a ghost. He looked horrified.

That was all I saw before someone got in my way. Not just anyone this annoying alpha. He looked remorseful? Sad? I am not sure, but he looked like he was drooping.

Connor gave him a little chat about how I was being stubborn and not wanting to shift back into my human form. HE thinks that I will shift just for him because he started to try and convince me. Technically, the bond thing is not completely broken, but that does not mean I will listen to everything he says to me.

I stared up at him and he stared right back at me. I huffed and got up walking around him through the pain. When I looked back, he looked appalled. Triumph.

He started to follow me like a big puppy which was not normal for someone of his "high status." I kept walking, not exactly having anywhere to go but anywhere but here would clearly be better. 

I ignored the pain that has not yet subsided and has left me walking as slow as a newborn. During my huff and puff walk Lucien tried to stop me and touched me a couple of times but I let out a low warning growl each time in return. I may not be in the best shape to do it, but I did it anyway. I was upset mostly due to famine and being tired. I was just so done with this day so I decided it would be best to find a place to sleep.

While looking for a place to sleep I found a place near a huge rock. Lucien sat down probably wondering why we stopped. I dug a little bit making my "bed" for the night that was coming close as the sky was much obviously darker.

I laid down and rested my head on my paws. At this point, Lucien was trying to coax me back to the pack house. In return I decided to turn myself around so that I was facing the rock. 

I was not going to be bothered by Lucien anymore, so I relaxed and felt myself lose consciousness.