fifteen | woe what a night

-FIFTEEN-

As the sky turned a beautiful shade of cornflower blue, showing that dusk was falling steadily, Juniper began her walk back from the conservatory to her dorm. Xavier had only just asked for the faerie moss and betel leaf extract for his suddenly spiking anxiety due to his recent dreams about the monster, so she had only just harvested both from their plants to prepare the mixture.

"Bloody idiot," she muttered, "Always wanting the strong stuff for the smallest of things." She huffed and looked at the small bottles in her hands, inside one was a clear liquid, and the other had a lime green-ish liquid.

She suddenly was pulled into an empty classroom, which made her yelp and nearly drop the vials she was holding. Her eyes met Wednesday's black ones, which had softened considerably from their usual blank, emotionless stare.

"Love," sighed the dryad, pocketing both the vials, "Never do that again, please."

"Right," said Wednesday. "My apologies, cariño." She noticed how Juniper's cheeks grew rosy, and her ears grew pointed at the nickname, making a small chuckle escape her lips.

"So, to what do I owe this...strange summon?" Asked the dryad, linking her index finger with the goth's.

"Thing and I are taking an unsanctioned trip to the morgue," she explained, looking down at their linked fingers and back at Juniper's clear blue eyes. "I was hoping you'd come with me."

"You know, there are better suggestions for a first date," laughed the witch, "But a trip to the morgue sounds like an interesting change from a traditional night out at a candlelit McDonalds."

"Very funny," said Wednesday, sarcastically. However, she couldn't help but let the smallest smile make her lips twitch upwards, seeing her girlfriend's eyes twinkle with humour.

Juniper wrapped an arm around the goth's waist, pulling her closer as she said, "You know I'm only joking, love. What time will I meet you to leave?"

"Bold of you to assume I'm going to leave you alone tonight, Miss Carrow," said Wednesday. Seeing Juniper's slightly shocked look, the goth said, "I know of your late-night tossing and turning. The shadows of this place speak truths."

Juniper took a moment and said, "Well, I can't turn down that offer. What about Enid, do we tell her about...us?"

"Let's keep it limited to her and her only," said the goth. "I know how to make sure she stays quiet. Plus, I would also like to keep our relationship private, just for the time being. I don't want the serial killer deciding to get to me by attacking you."

Juniper laughed and bent her head slightly to press a kiss to Wednesday's cold forehead. "Lovely explanation, but a simple 'I'm not ready to come out yet' would've sufficed," she added with a grin, "Your dorm tonight, then?"

"Yes," said Wednesday. "My dorm tonight. Do not be late, and do not try to get out of it."

"Bold of you to assume I'd turn down an offer to lay with the stoic, emotionless, most terrifying girl in the school, Miss Addams," Juniper grinned, feeling butterflies in her stomach as Wednesday put her wintry hand behind the dryad's neck to pull her into a gentle kiss.

"See you tonight, cara mia," whispered the goth, letting go of her and opening the door. "Coming?" She asked, her eyes locked on the dryad who was staring at her with a soft look in her eyes.