CHAPTER 27 : The Interview : Part II

CHAPTER 27

ARIANA LINCOLN

The next day, I woke up to a tiny body hugging me. Ian was still in his deep sleep. I checked the timing, it was 6:30. Getting up from the bed I made my way towards the washroom. After cleaning myself, I made my way downstairs preparing breakfast for both Ian and Alessandro.

For breakfast I arranged eggs, bacon and toast. I made my way upstairs to wake Ian up. Entering the room I found Ian literally sleeping with his arms and legs stretched, capturing the whole bed.

I sighed and went towards him.

"Wake up." I called him to which of course he didn't reply instead he turned to the right side clutching onto the duvet.

"Come on Ian, wake up."

"Five minutes Mommy." He mumbled from under the duvet.

"No Ian. Please wake up, it's 7:15."

"Mommy 7:30 please."

I sighed and laid beside him, hugging him.

"Can I not go to school today?" He mumbled.

"Can I not go to work today?" I mumbled in his ears.

"You have Dad at work, he is fun. I have no one."

If only you knew.

I closed my eyes, clutching on to him tightly.

When it was finally 7:30, I woke Ian up, sending him to the washroom while I myself dressed for work. After Ian was done, he came out wearing a towel. Picking him up, I made him stand on the bed. When I went to the closet to get his school uniform at that time he fetched his toy gun from somewhere and started playing with it. The whole time I was dressing him, he was playing with his gun. After he was ready, I carried him downstairs to the kitchen making him sit on the stool.

On a plate, I served eggs, bacon and toast and a glass of milk. For some reason he was waiting, not touching the food. I too checked the time, it was 8 am.

Isn't Alessandro gonna have breakfast?

Finally getting tired of waiting Ian asked "Mommy, where is Dad? Won't he be joining?"

Of course not. How can I forget he doesn't have breakfast?

"Can you go upstairs and call him for breakfast?" I said.

He nodded happily and got down off the stool, running upstairs. A few minutes later Ian returned with Alessandro holding him in his arms. He was giggling while Alessandro was continuously saying something to him.

Alessandro placed Ian on the stool and took the seat beside him. I served another plate and a glass of juice. He once looked at the plate then at me, I was at that time looking at Ian to avoid any kind of eye contact. He just drank the juice while waiting for Ian to finish the breakfast.

Ian went to the living room, to fetch his school bag. Alessandro got up from his seat adjusting his suit jacket.

"I'll be dropping Ian to school."

I nodded.

"Do you need a ride?"

I shook my head "Thank you but I guess I'll take the bus."

He nodded, not extending the matter anymore.

I reached the ADA, earlier than him of course. I was in my office preparing his schedule for the day while the schedule preparation something caught my eyes.