ELEVEN

Lyanna

I feel so tired but I am surrounded by a glorious smell.  I know that smell, that scent that makes me feel giddy and safe.  I forced my eyes open and saw an intricately designed high ceiling.  Wow, I said to myself!  My palm grasp the soft fabric beneath me.  It feels so cottony and comfy.  Am I dreaming?  I turned to my left and instantly felt my neck sting.  What the hell?  I tried to touch where the pain is emitting but got distracted with the view.

For there beside me is my mate, dozing off as if all is well in the world.  He is undeniably a gorgeous man.  I got completely mesmerized by his sleeping face.  His lashes are long, his nose is perfect, and his lips look tempting.  

Knox stirred.  "Hmmm, go back to sleep, little bunny."  He sleepily ordered as he threw his arm to pull me closer to him.  And just like that, without any fuss, I closed my eyes and in seconds was back to slumber.

"Ouch,"  was the first word I uttered when I fully awoken.  "Ugh, my freakin' neck!" I tried to sit up.

"Do not touch them, they'll sting more if you do," said Knox who was sitting and watching me from a leather chair near the bed.  He was wearing a black v-cut cotton shirt and a black cotton boxers.

Seeing my mate made me remember the incident at the castle.  I was alarmed as I recall every moment from arriving at the castle, seeing that Yara girl, hiding from Knox, and..... My hands went directly to my neck.  "Huh!  What did you do to me?"  I screamed and glared at Knox.

"I marked you."  He said nonchalantly.  He's playing it cool.  Oh no, you don't!

"Why did you mark me without my consent, you Neanderthal wolf!"  I am fuming now.

"I marked you because you are my mate."  Again, his indifferent tone is getting on my nerves.

"You marked me against my will!  And not only once, but twice!" 

He stood and walked towards the bed.  When he was just by the bed, he responded.

"I marked you against your will because you were so decided in rejecting me, the alpha king, just because you blame me for that incident with Yara which I had nothing to do whatsoever, and you tried to reject me because you felt insecure about your worthiness as my mate, as my queen!  And worst of all, you almost rejected me because you felt uncomfortable with my past and your present that you found it easier to run away from all of it and give up on us!  CAN YOU BLAME ME FOR MY ACTIONS, ANSWER ME?"  He is enraged.  I see a glint of animosity in his eyes.  

"I admit I was impulsive and emotional that night.  You never see my point of view.  I decided it was for the best."  I spoke softly.  I am afraid to meet his rage with rage.

"For the best?  Are you kidding me, Lyanna?"

"Right back at you, Knox!"  My tone gets intense again because he provokes me.  "Do you believe double marking me is for the best?  Now everyone will know I am your mate!  What about the danger you exposed me to, ha?  Tell me!"

"It's high time everyone knows you are my mate, the kingdom's Luna Queen.  And as for the danger ahead, my protection protocol is way better than what Rhett has concocted.  My plan is simple and efficient!"

"Oh, really?  Let's hear it!"  I challenged him.

"For your safety, all you need to do is stay by my side all the time."

My eyes went big and my mouth fell.  "Are you serious?"

"Yes, and somewhere in between."

"What the heck does that mean?"

Knox sat by the bed. "If conditions allow it, you will stay close to me.  If in the event we need to separate, you being my marked mate have now access to mind link me and the pack.  You can call for help.  You being my marked mate will intensify the mate bond and the scent that only us can share.  I can easily track you.  So you see, marking you is good for us.  Now, all you need to do is mark me back on your Luna coronation, which is by the way tomorrow night, so that, I, as your marked mate  can connect with you much deeper."

"Say that again.  What Luna coronation?"

"While you were recovering from the impact of marking, preparations have started for your coronation which is scheduled tomorrow night." Knox shared.

"Why tomorrow?  Can't it wait like until the next full moon? What is the hurry?  I can't believe it, first your double mark me against my will and now I am to be crowned already?"  So many things are happening so fast that my head is  literally and figuratively spinning.  To add to it, my neck feels like it's going to detached from my shoulders.  I grimace in pain.

Knox's expression turned to concern.  He moved closer to me and lightly pushed me to lay down.  "Do not stress yourself with things beyond your control.  I am your mate and I am king.  I know what I am doing.  Might as well work with me, my little bunny.  Now, I know a fast way to alleviate you from that pain from your marks.  Will you let me help you, mate?"  He asked.

What choice do I have?  The marks really hurt and so I nodded in approval.  Knox leaned down and started to kiss and lick my left mark.  Ahhhh, truly that took away the pain.  He moved to the right mark and did the same.  I can't resist releasing a traitorous moan because it felt so good and erotic.  Upon hearing my moans, Knox's hand went inside my shirt and up my breast.  His fingers are doing things there that made me writhe in pleasure.  His kisses have moved to my lips.

He lifted his head and breathe heavily.  "Little bunny, if we continue like this, we might end up doing something you are not ready to do yet.  Much as I want you so much," he led me into looking at the bulge on his boxer shorts and I blushed, "I cannot take advantage of you like this especially when you are still nursing your marks. Rest some more.  I will bring you food in an hour or two."  With that he kissed my forehead, lifted himself off me, and went to a door which I assume is the bathroom.

When I woke up again.  I was alone in a dark room.  It must be night time.  I felt much better now and tried to stand.  I proceeded to the door which I assume was the bathroom.  I was right.  The bathroom is worthy of royalty.  It has it's own magnificence.  I can't believe one can fall in love with a bathroom.  After peeing, I stood in front of the sink against a mirror wall.  I was not surprised anymore that I look dreadful because I feel dreadful.  My eyes went big when I saw my marks.  They are beautiful.  They are identical tattoo-like markings of a full moon with a crown on it.  I loved how my marks turned out.  I smiled to myself.  

Now what?  I sighed.