𝟗༄𝐖𝐢𝐬𝐞 𝐌𝐚𝐧

▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞

It was the next morning they had all packed their belongings and left the little rocks. The dawning of the Sun had painted the skies a perfect ombre of red and blue hues. As the rays of light finally peaked from the horizon, [Y/n] slipped on some sunglasses that glistened back in response.

"Where did you even get those?" Vivi asked. The horned woman watched as the bold light from the Sun hit against her silky sky blue hair. And the look in her dewy bright eyes could have anybody's heart melted. And even the way she bounced softly while being mounted on the petty camel whom Luffy recruited. She had to admit she was quite cute...

"Don't worry about it, princess." The woman smirked before fixating the glasses on her nose once again. Vivi's cheeks flushed with a red that looked like it would leave a stain. She stared up at the smirking woman who still had her sunglasses glistening in the desert sun. And her heart sped up ever so slightly.

Usopp panted in the back of the group, practically dragging the hiking stick in his hand while sticking his tongue out.

"Hey [Y/n], can't you make a cloud or something for shade!?" He begged. She shook her head as an apology, "There's barely any moisture in the air, I couldn't possibly make a cloud here." The doctor and sniper almost whined in sync while continuing to crawl in the heated sand.

The crew walked through the towering dunes of the desert, encountering creatures, fighting the Sun, and Luffy eating a hallucinogenic cactus. [Y/n] happily volunteered to carry the pirate on her back, since Chopper had injected him with a sedative. As soon as the Sun cascaded down onto the horizon, the temperatures dropped once again.

In the distance, Usopp could've sworn he saw a glisten. And it wasn't stars. The ground shook as the wind howled into the night. The wind was on their backs, brutally almost toppling them over the sand. 

"Is it Yuba!?"

"There's something wrong!"

Vivi yelled as the winds picked up and the sand flew through the dry air. The crew ducked down, hiding every opening in their clothing to prevent any grains infiltrating. Luffy, who was on [Y/n] shoulder simply couldn't stand the weather of the desert at this point. Though he was still half asleep, squeezed the woman's shoulder instinctively, and almost instantly the wind had paused, as if he pressed a button to turn it off. Sand that was in air started to plummet down on top of them like the rain and water they craved so badly.