Chapter 19

Lucas's pov

She called me by my name! I couldn't help but smile for the rest of the evening. Yes, everything will work out in time.

"You may be on the right track, but don't get too proud." Onyx warned.

"I know I know."

I took an early shower and went to bed. I buried my head in the pillow and took a deep breath, the sheets still have the faint scent of my mate.

Today has been chaotic. And it doesn't help that Evelyn has caused me an unnecessary headache. I don't understand why she acts like this.
Earlier in the day she was disrespectful to Valeria again, so I had to show her her place. She got mad but what can you do, I haven't seen her since.

All the drama and stress has completely drained my strength and soon I fell into a deep sleep.

The next morning I slept longer than normal and woke up when Liam came to wake me up for breakfast.

As we walked to breakfast, we heard some of the youngsters in the pack talking about us and giggling. It no longer seemed flattering, but mostly annoying.

My mate was nowhere to be seen and Onyx was getting restless.

"Where is Valeria?" Liam asked and I felt annoyed when someone else asks after my mate.

"Oh, Valeria has her own routines. She'll come back when she's ready." Luna Mila replied kindly.

The day passed quickly. We ate lunch, decided on an alliance, followed the warriors training, during which Evelyn made another unnecessary comment about how my mate doesn't participate in training. She believes Valeria is too weak to participate.
I don't believe in that myself and even if she was, I will always protect her.

At dinner time, Valeria joined us and the day continued by organizing an evening barbecue party. During this time, the members of the pack get to say goodbye to Valeria, who will leave tomorrow with us back to the Midnight pack.

The brothers didn't lie, Valeria is loved by the whole pack and the evening contained a lot of stories, laughter and tears. When the evening got dark, I escorted my mate back to her room and we wished each other good night.

I did the evening chores and went to bed satisfied. Tomorrow I finally get to take my mate home.

I can't wait.

Unknown pov

I was holed up in my office reading old history books. Many may find this boring, but I have always liked to read and research past times. And sometimes they also contain a lot of useful information.

Suddenly, the office door slammed open and one of my most trusted warriors rushed in. "Alpha! I have news!"

"How dare you just barge in without knocking! Show respect to your Alpha!" I roared at him.

The warrior bared his neck in submission.

"A-Alpha I'm sorry, b-but we have news about that g-girl." He stammered. Hmph pathetic!

"Start talking!" I growled at him.

He swallowed and collected himself. Finally.

"We have received information that Valeria has found her mate. Alpha Lucas from the Midnight pack is her mate and their first meeting did not go well. Our source told us that Alpha Lucas was almost rejected, but they managed to sort things out to some extent. Valeria will leave for her new pack tomorrow" He spoke in a hurry.

"Hmm interesting." So the sweet little queen is leaving. I need to contact my partner so we can create a new plan on how to kill her. I can't believe we've failed twice already.

"Eliminate our source in the Crescent Moon Pack as discreetly as possible. I'll start planning the next move." I commanded him.

"Yes Alpha" the warrior bowed and left.

I walked over to the desk and poured myself a glass of whiskey.

As I mentioned earlier, there is a lot of useful information to be found in history books. I saw the signs of a queen as soon as I saw Alpha Jack's daughter. She was 14 years old at the time.

You can say I'm cruel because that's what I am. I want to kill an innocent young woman because I don't want a new queen for the werewolves! That would ruin everything!

I've also found an ally who also doesn't like the idea of ​​the queen ruling again.
Rogue Alpha Max.

Rogues lose their humanity, yes, but not everyone is feral as long as they have someone to lead them.
So that crazy rogue Alpha doesn't want to lose his subjects either.

That pup Alpha Lucas can't stop us.

I grinned. This time we won't fail.