Chapter 4

Ava's POV

Through out the whole meeting Ethan kept glaring at me, it was really making me uncomfortable, I had to excuse myself before I started sweating.

Of course I went to my room, minutes later Tristan followed me, I was on the bed on my phone when my door opened and he poked his head inside before walking in.

"I know you'd be in here" he said plopping down on the bed close to me, I just sighed without saying anything and he looked up at me.

"You good sweet cheeks"? He asked using the nickname he gave me since we were kids, it always made me smile so he used it whenever he sensed I was down, which always happened whenever Ethan was present.

"I'm fine Tris, it's just...... Never mind" I told him going back to pressing my phone, he got up and snatched the phone from me.

I looked at him tiredly, wanting to take the phone but he just held it up.

"Spill, what is it"? He asked me

"Tristan it's nothing okay, give it back" I told him trying to take my phone but I couldn't, it's times like this I wish I was as tall as Elaine, she could easily take this phone if she wanted to.

"I'm not giving it back until you talk, what's wrong with you"? He pressed and I just sat back with a sigh.

"Fine, I'm not really okay" I told him playing with my fingers "it's Ethan" I whispered out and he just raised his brows at me.

"You're wrong, he didn't change, he's still the same jerk that left five years ago" I told him and he sat down properly to hear me

"Why do you say that"? He asked

"Well, he came into my room last night, obviously to warn me about staying out of his business and out of his way" I said trying to make my voice sound like this

Tristan just burst out with a laugh
"Yeah yeah laugh all you want, it's not funny" I said with a pout.

"It's not funny but the way you said it, made it funny" he said still laughing "come on sweet cheeks, maybe he was just kidding" he said more composed this time.

"Kidding? Does Ethan ever kid about anything with me? Did you see how he kept glaring at me today in dad's office"? I asked him.

"Ava you're just being paranoid okay, he won't do anything, he's just messing with you" Tristan explained "come on, how about we go out tonight, to a club maybe" he suggested handing me back my phone.

"A club Tristan"? I asked raising my brows at him and he just nodded "I'm not going to be drinking anything alcohol" I told him.

"Fine, oh and by the way Ethan's coming too" he said nonchalantly and my eyes widened.

"What? Ethan's coming"? I asked and he nodded "then I'm not coming, I just told you he warned me about staying out of his way and you want me to go to a club with both of you"? I told him.

"Ava, he's not going to bite you and besides I'll be there too, you have nothing to worry about" he explained, this was not going to end well.

I just sighed and went back to pressing my phone, if I was going to a club with them then I'll have to go to my apartment, there's no way dad would let me go to a club from here.

I had to lie about meeting Tristan for something important, that way I can go to my apartment and get dressed.

___________________________________________