XXVI. Take The Blame

Chapter 26,
    Take The Blame
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  It was about time that Tonowari, Ronal, Saraiyah, Jake, and Neytiri found out that Lo'ak had bonded with the outcast, Tikki was surprised it took this long. The group was called to Tonowari's marui. All of the air had gotten tensed when they arrived inside, it was a little scary.

  "I have never seen Tonowari mad before." Mi'kayah whispered to Tsireya as they entered the marui.

Saraiyah was furious, at not only her daughters but at Aonung, and Tsireya for not warning the Sullys about the outcast.

  "You allowed him to bond with the outcast!" Ronal shouted as she looked at her daughters and son.

  Leia was with Tuk as they swam around with their ilus, lucky them.

  Mi'kayah looked at Tsireya and Tikki out of fear, they knew that they had messed up and it was too late to right their wrongs. Aonung clenched his jaw in anger, as he had nothing to do with informing the Sullys. Ronal snarled at Tikki, Tsireya, and Mi'kayah as Saraiyah bit back all the anger she had inside of her.

  "And you, the son of the great warrior, who has been taught better. Sit." Tonowari's tone was softer towards the Sully boys.

  "SIT DOWN!" His voice boomed as he crouched down, causing the teens to quickly sit down out of fear.

  From there, Tonowari began to tell them the story of the tulkuns, and how they would fight amongst themselves. Jake looked disappointed in both of his sons for having not followed the rules, of not only his but of the Metkayinas. Tikki for the first time felt bad for them, her ears flattened back as she looked at the boys.

  Lo'ak shook his head, he was the only one who had gotten close enough to the Tulkun to get to know him and understand his story. He had the right to speak up about it, and he was going to speak up about it anyways.

"I'm sorry sir, but you're wrong." Lo'ak breathed out, causing his mother to hiss at him.

  He looked over at Tikki and noticed her soft expression, she shook her head at him so he could be silent, and not get himself farther into trouble. Lo'ak didn't care though, he was always going to be in trouble and always be the disappointment of the family. There was nothing that Tikki or anyone in the marui could do to change that.

  "I know what I know, and I know that he is not a killer." Lo'ak stated, Ronal looked at him and hissed, she felt disrespected.

  Jake apologized for his youngest son's behavior before gripping his forearm, and pulling him away from the group. Tikki gasped a bit as she watched the boy get pulled away from them, there was nothing she could have done now. Neteyam looked at the Mi'kayah who looked upset and disappointed in herself.

  As the teens got up from where they were seated, Tonowari looked at the girls and sighed.

  "Tsireya, Tikki, Mi'kayah. You disappointed me daughters." Tonowari stated, the girls have never been disappointments before so it hurt.

  Tikki looked at her mother but Saraiyah only shook her head and crossed her arms. They were the ones who had done wrong, they must suffer the consequences now.

  "It was not Lo'ak's fault. I was given the job to tell them about the Tulkuns but I allowed my hatred get in the way of informing them. I apologize." Tikki lied as she looked at Ronal and Tonowari.

  Saraiyah gasped as she looked at her daughter, she felt embarrassed at this moment. Tikki was sure she would be punished when they got to their marui, but she didn't care. If Lo'ak would go down, then she would have to go down with him.