Chapter 16

"I can't feel my legs, I swear."

"C'mon, Dec. You are a professional athlete" I laugh.

"I swear it, Eleanor. I can't. Running up and down a beach in Scotland is torture."

"Well, now you know what to expect when the MI6 goes after you when my parents find out we are seeing each other."

"Ha ha ha, you are so funny."

"We are here, ma'am" David says.

"I gotta go, I just made it to my own torture" I sigh.

"Promise me that you won't do anything stupid."

"Without you? Never" I smile.

"Sophie..." Declan says.

"I'll keep an eye on her, don't worry."

"What? I am the big sister. I should be keeping an eye on you!"

"Sorry, sis" she shrugs.

"It is what it is" Declan says. "I'll call you tonight, ok?"

"Ok."

"Goodbye, Eleanor."

"By... Holy shit!" I yelp when someone knocks on my window.

"Girls! What are you still doing in the car? Come on!" my mum says.

"Ready to spend two weeks with Charles and mum and dad saying how perfect he is?" Sophie asks.

"Ready" I say, taking a deep breath and putting on a fake smile before opening the car's door.

"Oh, Eleanor!" Charles' mum says when she sees me, giving me a kiss on each cheek. "You are glowing, look at you!"

"Thank you, Camille."

"It's all that Mediterranean sun from the past couple of weeks" my mum says. "The one in Canada isn't the same."

"She's also been eating really well, haven't you, sis? Lots of rice" Sophie says next to me, trying not to laugh.

"We actually are having paella for lunch today!" Charles' mum chuckles. "Come, let's go inside. I'm sure you want to refresh yourselves."

"Thank you" I say again, giving Sophie a murderous look before following Camille.

━━━━━━❃━━━━━━

"Good morning, Eleanor."

"Good... Wait, where is everyone?" I ask when I walk into the dining room.

"Our mums have gone shopping, and our dads and Sophie have gone to check some old cars" Charles explains.

"Sophie? She doesn't like cars."

"I don't know, that's what I was told" he shrugs.

"What about David?"

"He's with our mums."

"Oh dear, poor man."

"Yeah" he chuckles.

"So they all have left, and it is just you and I?" I say, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Yep. And I know what you are thinking, that they did it on purpose."

"Because they did it on purpose" I say, rolling my eyes.

"But we don't have to spend time together if you don't want to. I know you are seeing someone and I don't want to make it awkward for you."

"You know what?"

"I've seen you texting with and the way you smile at the phone. You are definitely talking with someone you fancy. But don't worry, I won't say a word."