11

Narrative

Narrative

Paige

—Paige— I heard someone calling me while I was going to the locker room.

—Dave? Is everything okay?— I go next to helping him with all his pt stuff.

—No, have you seen Maddison?— I look at him confused —She didn't show up to our practice in the last 2 days.

—I don't know, you tried to ask Rafe?— he nodded with his head —I'm going to call her.

—Great, thanks, I'm worried she is almost stopping using crutches, and if she stops workout she will get worse— he is clearly worried for her.

—I'll say that to her— I go running to the locker room making everyone look at me confused —Did someone saw Mads this last two days?

—No, I don't see her since the party— Azzi says sitting next to me —She was a bit strange.

—Strange?— I look down to my friend, while tipping Mads phone number and immediately calling her.

—She was weird— Azzi tries to remember the night —I don't remember much...

—I think it was my fault— I say with a guilty face seeing the phone ringing and calling her again —We maybe almost kissed and I acted really weird, I think that she got mad...

—You did what?— Nika screams from the other side of the room, she immediately goes to me.

—That's why she responded my comment saying to ask about a handshake?— Azzi stands up and crosses her arms.

—I might after the almost kiss while we where saying goodbye I tried to shake her hand— Nika jaw dropped and Azzi hit me in my knee.

—Are you stupid? She is like super into you and you try to do a handshake?!— Nika says angry at me —And now she disappears for two days, and maybe because of you?

—I don't know I'm going to talk with Rafe maybe he knows— I roll my eyes thinking that I need to talk to him —Now that they are besties— I mumbled the last part.

—Tomorrow the boys team have a game, maybe you could talk with him there— my friend says still looking at me with disappointment.

—I guess— I try to call her one more time, before sending her a bunch of messages the rest of the day.

So the next day I wake up, do my morning routine and went to the game. I start looking for Rafe in the crowded hallway of the arena. I found him talking on the phone.

—So you are going to a podcast?— Rafe says to the phone laughing —Mj you are crazy.

Yeah but I need to do a comeback to the media, you know?— Mads says in the other side of the call —I'm thinking to come back to Connecticut tomorrow.