Chapter one

"Pink + white ~ Frank Ocean

Backstory

I met her during my freshman year while she was a junior.

I did cheer or well still do anyways, that's not important right now . I remember it was game day. Me and my teammates had just walked into the gym while the girl's basketball team was warming up.

Up to this point, I haven't paid much attention to the girl's team since we didn't cheer for the girl's basketball team that much or at all since I started this year but I heard that there really good.

moving on... after I got done everything I needed to do which included going over the routines and stretching.

I decided to check out the girl's. While observing them, there was one girl that automatically stood out. I don't know who she is but Omg was she attractive The way she controlled the ball & every play she did. You can tell this is her sport.

After their first round of warm-ups coach Brian one of the coaches Hopkins had told them to take a 10-minute break.

Meanwhile, I was sitting down on the bleachers behind the bench spot on my phone waiting for my coach to arrive. I felt someone looking at me. When I looked up I saw her looking straight at me.

You would think she'd look away or something but no. she just looked at me like I was the only person there. On the other hand, I quickly looked away after realizing she wouldn't back down. I tried to ignore it because maybe there was just something behind it or whatnot. But oh boy was I wrong.

Just as I was zoning out, someone came and sat right next to me. I look up thinking it was one of my cheer friends, but nope it was her. "Hi I'm Paige," she said sticking her hand out for me to shake. hum Paige I like that name. " Hi I'm Nova," I said back, shaking her hand

"Pretty name for a girl" she replied but by the face she made I don't think she meant to say that out loud. "Oh thank you".

" Sorry I didn't mean to come off that aggressive," she said apologetically "Don't worry it didn't come off that way" I reassured her with a slight giggle and She smiled back at me

Her smile. It made my stomach turn in a good way. That's weird I never thought about a girl this way until now. Like of course, I think girls are pretty but she's different I can put my finger around it.

"Umm, I was wondering if I could get your Instagram?" She said while passing her phone towards me. "Sure," I said taking her phone and putting my handle in.

" I should probably get back now but follow me back Nova" After that she stood up, gave me one more smile, and walked back to her team.

Shortly after my best friend since birth, Alex came up to me "Omg did I just see the Paige Bueckers ask my best friend for her Instagram!!!"

"First of all how did you even know it was Instagram and second keep your voice down you're not very quiet". "Well for starters, I have impeccable hearing and second that's why I joined the cheer team duh," said jokingly, but also serious
"Okay okay, she did," I said excitedly a little too excited. " finally you're entering your gay awakening." She said with a satisfied tone & face. " my gay what now" I said shocked "Oh come on Nova I know you like girls."

"What are you talking about" " Nova remember 8th grade," she said to me

Long story short, me and Alex when to a party, and during the night everyone there decided to play 7 minutes. Blah blah blah me and this girl named Vanessa ended up having a small kiss. Did I like it yes was I even gonna admit it no. Well I mean I did tell Alex but I just told her the kissing part she found I liked it on her own part.

" Can we not talk about this right now and look Miss D is here let's go" I said, walking away to where the rest of the cheerleaders were.

Fast forward to when the game started. Everything was good. the team had already scored two points in less than five seconds. Which of course, Paige made.

Later on during the final minute of the fourth quarter we were winning by 15 so I was practically over but you never know what could happen . We had the ball, kk passed it to Paige And since nobody was guarding her, she made a perfect three in. Everyone cheered and by the time I looked back at Paige she was already looking at me and gave me a small yet noticeable wink.
Here come the butterflies.

Yea I'm definitely gay for her or so I thought. The game ended 78-60 us winning and everyone had left about 10 to 15 minutes after that. The only ones left were the players and cheerleaders.

I was just about ready to leave I was just waiting on Alex like always when someone tapped me on the shoulder. It was Paige. "Hi" she said with a smile that made my heart melt "hi you did so good" " ohh that was nothing" "If scoring 23 points and 8 assists is nothing I can't wait to see something" I said
Sarcastically "okay okay I can't lie I was definitely tryna impress you" she said " well It definitely work bueckers"

"hey sorry to interrupt but my mom is waiting for us" Alex said apologetically "all good I should get going to but I'll text you when I get home" she said pulling me into a hug. Omg, this is the best thing ever. " bye Paige" "see you later Nova". The rest is history

First Chapter done!!!!

Also, this is my first book so yea. Sorry if there's are any errors.

"What do y'all think?"

Should I make this a mature story?