Chapter 8

"If someone hands you a crying baby, do you, A, curse it? B, lock it in a tower? C, give it a bottle? Or D, carve out its heart?" Fairy-godmother asked again, another stupid question in a class that Mal, Evie, Carlos, Jay and I were forced to take. 'Remedial Goodness 101' Evie raised her hand excitedly. "Evie" Fairy-godmother called.

"What was the second one?"

"Oh, okay. Anyone else?" FG questioned slightly deflated from Evies response.

"Isn't Evie correct? I mean that's what Auradon did isn't it? Locked babies with their parents in an unsuitable island, a metaphorical tower?" I questioned, slightly smirking when I saw Fairy-godmother's step falter and her smile fell.

"Uh, Mal?" She diverted the subject and looked at Mal expectantly, Mal looked up from when she was drawing fairy godmother's wand

"C, give it a bottle" She answered.

"Correct. Again" Fairy-godmother smiled, my earlier observation ignored and forgotten.

"You are on fire, girl!" Carlos commented with a smile

"Just pick the one that doesn't sound like any fun" Mal said in a 'duh' tone.

"Oh" They all nodded

"Ohh" Mal mocked quietly and I laughed. There was a squeal and I glanced towards Emerald hoping I hadn't accidentally harmed her to where she was resting on my foot even though her carrier which I bought after Ben helped with the bank situation was right next to her . She blinked at me while tilting her head and I picked her up and placed her on the desk.

"Hello, dear one" Fairygodmother cooed towards a brunette with a bob and a blue dress.

"Hi. You need to sign off on early dismissal for the coronation" Her fearful tone was not left undetected by us as she spoke quickly.

"Everyone here remembers my daughter, Jane?" FG smiled, either oblivious or ignoring her daughter's fear.

"Mom, no!" She whispered non discreetly and miserably to the fairy godmother.

"It's okay. Jane, this is everyone" Fairy Godmother smiled warmly in our direction and we just stared at Jane.

"Hi. That's okay, don't mind me. As you were" She squealed as she passed by us 'Oh that's the squeal I heard'. Fairy-godmother cleared her throat.

"Let's continue. You find a vial of poison. Do you, A, put it in the king's wine? B, paint it on an apple? Or C, turn it over to the proper authorities?" I boredly stared at my nails as Jay and Carlos started fighting on who got to answer a stupid question.

"Oh! Ooh... get off" Carlos complained as Jay grabbed Carlos hand to stop him from raising it.

"Jay" Fairy Godmother called.

"C. You turn it over to the proper authorities" He said, smugly looking in Carlos direction.

"I was gonna say that" Carlos said, obviously upset that he didn't get to answer. I brushed my hands through Emerald's fur, annoyed that they were fighting over something silly, nothing new but it did make me wonder if they were ever going to grow up.

"But I said it first. Come here!" Jay taunted, pulling Carlos on the desk and giving him noogies.

"Ow!"

"Come on, who said it first? Who said it first?" They started wrestling on the desk. Mal and I fake smiled in the Fairy Godmother's direction.

"Ow! Stop! Ah"

"Boys. Boys!" FG raised her voice and they stopped. "I am gonna encourage you to use that energy on the tourney field.

"Oh, no. That's okay. Whatever that is, We'll" He pushed Jay off him and continued "We'll pass"