𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

"Mummy," a five year old Willow Hawthorne asked her eight month pregnant mother one day.

"What, dear?" Her mother asked.

"What's the Hunger Games?" The little girl asked, slowly chewing on a bit of her brown, almost black, hair.

Hazelle, her mother, frowned. A small gasp escaped her lips and anger suddenly crossed every bit of her face.

Willow has never seen her mum like that before. She was suddenly scared.

Hazelle asked her suddenly. "Where on earth did you hear that?"

"Oh, just at school," Willow shrugged. "I was just wondering-"

"Never speak those words again until you are old enough to understand what they mean!" Hazelle suddenly raises her voice. "Do not even think about those words! You do not even know-"

"Whoa, mum!" Gale, Willow's older brother, had stormed into the living room just then, holding baby Rory, he and Willow's third sibling. The fourth was growing in Hazelle's stomach at that moment. "What's going on?"

Willow was stood, by now, with a bit lip, studying her mother. "But I don't understand," she said. "What- what's so wrong about those words?"

But of course, she would soon come to understand.

She would soon understand everything.

And she would wish, with all her heart, that she didn't.