Twelve: Serious

Valerian Calix

Her eyes were permanently unfocused on anything but looking out the window for the entire drive.

Her hands were in her lap.

I wasn't nervous.

I was anxious but I trusted my ability to keep her near me.

I trusted that she'd get attached.

She could tell me no.

I'll verbally accept that but every internal part of me refused that.

It's going to happen.

But I have to be nice.

I parked and she blinked, coming from her trance.

"Do you want a minute?"

"Please." She said and I handed her my keys as I left, going into the club.

-

Screaming.

Crowding.

Casey immediately found me, grabbing my wrist.

"Come on. You're alright I reserved a little spot for us so you didn't have to sit in all of this." He told me, leading me to wherever it was but hands.

On my arms, my back, my butt, my shoulders.

I felt unsanitary and unclean and overwhelmed.

Then hands fell on my hips squeezing and I turned, ripping from Casey's grip but Corvina peered up at me.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare you." She whispered and immediately I grabbed her hands, pulling them around my waist as I walked through people, my hands on her arms.

I'm fine.
I'm fine.
I'm fine.

We got to a red, velvet rope and he opened it, Corvina moving in front of me and going in, I stepped in and the people knew the rules.

Pass the rope and you couldn't come back.

"Is it like that wherever you guys go?" Jessie asked.

"Yes. But especially because Val can't exactly hide from girls and cameras. If he tries, his neck tats and height give it away." Harden answered.

Corvina handed me the keys.

"I locked your car." She said and I nodded.

She frowned, reaching for an ice cube in the ice bucket where alcohol sits and she put it on my throat.

"You're very clammy and warm." She said and I nodded as she just held it there.

"Val, I know this isn't the time for this but you're so hot." Caden, her friend said and I smiled, amused with his commentary.

"He knows." Tony said, arm around Jessie.

I shrugged.

"Cocky." Cor replied, smiling softly as she removed her hand after the ice was completely melted.

"I don't say much about it." I whispered and only she heard me.

"I'm kidding."

I grabbed her hand, placing it on my chest.

"Are you alright? Going into cardiac arrest?" She frowned.

"I'm fine."

"I want to be you." Caden sniffled a fake cry.

Corvina laughed and walked to him.

She sat herself on his lap, placing her hand on his chest with a stupid grin on her face.