⤿ acknowledgements, q&a, & fun facts !

🤍 ❛ shay's thank you ༉‧₊˚✧

🤍 shay's thank you ‧₊˚

︶꒦꒷♡꒷꒦︶

i truly don't know where to began, it's crazy and unimaginable that i actually managed to finish this book. i started matchmaker in 2020, i was barely fifteen then and now it's 2023, and i'm turning eighteen in less than a month. it's needless to say that i've spent the core of my teenage years on matchmaker—planning, writing, procrastinating, being completely unmotivated to write as i was in a constant state of writers' slump, and then completely running out of ideas and wondering if i should even continue the book.

there were so many times i wanted to discontinue matchmaker, because i was so constantly busy with studies and also being super unmotivated to update and the constant pressure of letting my readers' down was too much and i sometimes wondered if i should just give up.

but, more than anything, writing this book has brought me more comfort than ever. my readers never really felt like a burden, but an impetus for me to carry on and write about the characters i created in my head and ended up loving and placing them so close to my heart.

just like both jinhee and taehyung, and many of my other characters who are fragmented in some ways or another and have gone through incredibly tough times in their lives, i've had an equal share of those in the three years of my life writing this book. without realising it, matchmaker became an outlet for all my problems, a form of temporary escapism—but although it was temporary, it was partially healing for me to write about characters who find strength within them and the people they love to push on and emerge stronger than they were before. and that gave me hope, hope that someday i would find that strength within myself too.

and i did, my mind is in a much better place now :)

most importantly, through this book, i want my readers to realise the important of self-love, self-importance, and self-reassurance. it's okay to not be okay, it's okay to show weakness, it's okay to be selfish sometimes for the sake of your own happiness. you cannot always give and give, one day you'll realise that you'll meet beloved people that won't require you to just keep giving, but they'll give you something that can make you feel happy and worth it too.

you, deserve to be taken care of as well.

so my dear readers, i hope you find comfort and joy reading taehee's journey as much as i found comfort and joy writing them <3

through taehyung and jinhee's story, i wrote to show my readers that be it romantic or not, everybody will eventually find their soulmate, who instead of repairing any of your past wounds, they go through the process of healing together with you, and you both emerge stronger from it.