Chapter 7 | Loyally Complicated

Lydia

Andy walked with me to put the flowers in my car. He was as gorgeous and gentlemanly as I anticipated.

Together we walked into the sushi restaurant and took a seat at a booth.

He started the conversation boldly, "I want to start over. But not without telling you what happened."

My eyes furrowed, "What do you mean?"

"When we parted ways three years ago," he sympathetically frowned.

I nodded for him to go on.

"I loved you back then and I do now."

I felt my heart skip a beat but I held it together, "Woah, I don't want to make this go too fast," I took a deep breath, "So if you loved me back then, why did you leave so soon?"

He leaned a little towards the table, "Our coach wanted me to ask you out because it would make the dances better. But I didn't want to force it. Every time I saw him, he tried to pressure me even more. I want it to be our decision to be together."

I couldn't believe it, our coach went behind my back?

"So what now?" I responded.

"I want to start over," he declared, "This time, on our terms."

I nodded in agreement. He looked at me with guilty eyes. Begging for forgiveness.

"I forgive you, but I wish you would've told me sooner," I breathed, "This is gonna take time for you to make up for it."

"I totally understand. I want to make this work," he sympathetically smiled, "You're all I've ever wanted."

I wanted him too.

The waitress came up to the table to take our order. I ordered a Spider and Andy ordered a King Kong. When we got our food, we tried each other's rolls and by the end of the night, we were closer than ever.

"What made me stand out to you when I met you at the game?" I asked.

He pondered for a second before replying, "You were absolutely stunning. You stood out to me as someone I needed in my life. The glimmer in your eyes revealed you felt the same way."

I covered my face with my napkin, pretending to wipe my face as I blushed.

A burning question left his lips, "Do you still figure skate?"

"Yes, I have a performance in a month." I smiled.

"That's exciting," he nodded.

We went back and forth answering each other's questions before the bill came. Andy paid for it all.

"You want to hang out for a little while longer?" Andy suggested.

My heart fluttered, "Of course. I want to make up for the lost time."

His sigh in relief pierced the air, "Me too."

He glanced at my hand, as if he wanted to take it with his. But I think my comment earlier, of not wanting to go too fast, kept his hand by his side.

We went to his warm car and I carefully sat in the passenger seat. I noticed how his cheeks were red.

"What's up?" I confronted him.

He struck, "What do we want to call what is between us?"

I glanced at my feet, "I don't know, what are you comfortable with?"

"I don't know you all that well. I haven't talked to you in years and you've changed so much."

"Changed in a good way?" My eyes gravitated towards his lucious brown hair.

"You have changed in the best way possible, the part of you I admired back then is here now, plus the new college you."

I was slowly falling head over heels for him, and I knew he was feeling the same way.

He continued, "I don't know if we are ready to date, but I'm loyal to you."

"So, loyally complicated?" I laughed.

Andy cracked up, "I think that's the best way to put it."

After a little more talking, it was 9pm and I decided to head out. He opened the car door for me and offered a hug. I took it with open arms. As I held onto him, realized how subtly muscular he was. He slightly picked me up to strengthen the hug, before letting my heels feel the ground again.

He tilted his head to the side, "It was lovely seeing you. Text me when you get home so I know you're safe."

Already he cared for me to make sure I made it back safely.

I waved goodbye and we went out separate ways. I felt pain in my chest leaving him. I remembered my drive home those years ago and how much it hurt. But I reminded myself I'd see him again soon.

I texted him when I got home and walked the flight of stairs to my dorm. I cautiously opened the door to not wake anyone, but Jayda and Christine were already waiting for me.

"Sooooo how did it go?" Jayda began.

<🧊>

Yay! A fresh start! Be sure to comment and vote! Thanks for reading and for your support!