MEMORIES

"Their not that bad.. sure they're fun and stuff, but their energy is a little overwhelming. It's a little strange, but I'm glad to have a friend for once.
It's nice not to be judged by someone for once."
"It's just,,, they're making me feel like we're both getting way too comfortable together too fast, it's fun! But it's fast."
---

"So you like the woods, right?" They asked me, our paths home were not much different from each other, so I didn't have to walk home alone whenever my sister or parents couldn't pick me up.

"Yeah, I like fin-ding the bugs and a-animals whenever my dad brings us there." I said, glancing around before looking back at them. While they were talking to me, it was clear their eyes were focused somewhere else, no matter how hard I was trying to see what they were looking at there was nothing special there so I just brushed it off as them being silly.

"Spiders, too?"  They turned their head to me, giving me a questioning look

We both stopped into a staring competition, their face staying the same as I tried to swallow the laughter threatening to burst out of me, "wh-y are y-you lo-oking at-at me like that??" They broke into a smile and started cackling madly, making me...

We both stopped into a staring competition, their face staying the same as I tried to swallow the laughter threatening to burst out of me, "wh-y are y-you lo-oking at-at me like that??" They broke into a smile and started cackling madly, making me smile. "It's - It's just your face when you get confused! I can't - AHHAHAHHAHHHAHAHHAAHHAH" it reminded me of how others would laugh at me, yet it didn't feel as bad. It didn't feel like the bullying.

"Sorry- sorry -" they gasped, still giggling a little but regaining their calmer attitude. "I asked if you liked spiders because I think their kinda spooky, you know, when they -" they stopped for a moment, as if rethinking what words to use, "never mind."

"Oh, co-come on, what do you m-mean "nevermind"? Don't just leave me con-onfused again!" They let out a small humm looking like they were faking thinking for a moment, but then all of a sudden, they sprinted forwards.

"Hey- wait! C-cOME BACK!" I yelled, trying to catch up to them. We go home.

()

A pair of boxy thin glasses falls off your face, a face which is not yours to bare.
You look down at the broken thin fingers of the pair of hands which is yours but is not.
Your skin begins to itch.
Itch,
Itch,
Itch,
Itch,
You can't scratch.
The itch has spread all over.
You look at the tall mirror by your side,
you see a skeleton.
Down at its knees,, with mutilated fingers on both arms and legs.
Hanging on by thin muscles that beg to give out.
Down in a fetal position,
It's rotting organs like mush.
Flowers and trees grow from its back through the openings in its rib cage.
The skeleton scratches at its face.
Scrape,
Scrape,
Scrape,
Scrape
It sounds like dragging your nail down with friction against a chalk board.
The skeletons eye sockets began to tear, bone power falling off.
An eye that stares deep from the void of the abyss can be seen in its nose.
The skeleton lets out a silent scream heared by the sea. You wake up.

()

"SILLY SILLY SILLY! DONT DROWN YOURSELF!" I let out a deep and loud gasp for air as my face flows out the water, I grip the sides of the tub, my eyes wide. My brain feels foggy. Like I pulled multiple all-nighters until my brain had fried itself from working on coke-cola and sushi, leading in some curse of the heavens and hells to water damage.

I don't remember my dream, but it must be nice, I have a feeling it is. My memory feels as if it was thin paper dropped in the raging ocean, it takes a moment to remember who I am.

Who am I?

===
A prison of beauty
*
[Sidetracked side quest]
Remember your name.

[reward: MEMORIES]