Chapter 34: tears

Jules

~~~~~~~~

I sit in the living room of Taylor and Lily's apartment. It was quiet, they both were at school. And I was here, my life was just paused. I didn't know how to resume it again. I haven't talked to Brennen in days, I haven't seen Norah in days. I haven't done anything in days.

Did I and Brennen break up? Were me and Norah ever gonna make up again? Would she ever forgive me? Would Brennen ever tell me the truth about what happened?

I didn't know anything anymore.

I close my eyes and lean back on the couch.

I walk through the front door of Norah's house for the first time. We had to work on a science project and she invited me over after school.

She closes the door behind us and takes her shoes off.

"Mom! I'm home!" She calls out.

I take my shoes off and turn around just as her mom walks towards us.

"Hi, girls." She smiles.

"This is Jules, she's my science partner." Norah says.

"Hi." I say.

"Are you guys hungry? I can make some snacks." She says.

"Sure, we'll be in my room." She says.

"Okay." her mom says before she walks away.

"Come on." Norah says before she leads me upstairs.

We walk down the hallway and enter her room. She throws her backpack at the foot of the and falls onto her bed.

"So, where should we start?" I ask as I sit down at her desk.

"We can start later, I need to reconnect with life after that long day of school." She says.

I let out a small laugh, "Okay." I say.

She sits up on her bed and looks at me.

"Is your real name Jules?" She asks.

"Uh, no. It's Julianna." I tell her.

She nods, "Pretty." She says.

"Thank you."

The room falls quiet and I just look around the room, trying not to make it awkward.

"Do you have a bathroom?" I blurt out.

She smiles, "Down the hall." She says.

I nod before getting up and walking out of the room. I walk down the hall and find the bathroom, I do my business, and make sure to take my sweet time. I open the bathroom door and turn to walk back to her room when someone walks out of another bedroom.

He looked at me and I looked at him, he was in my way and I was frozen. He was beautiful.

"Are you robbing us?" He asks.

"What?" I say.

He smirks.

"Who are you?" He questions.

"Jules." I tell him.

"Jules? Is that a nickname or your real name?" He asks.

"Julianna." I say.