Chapter Seventeen- Alive

17. Alive
.
.
.

The door of the hall flew wide open and there she was, my mother, the one that was meant to have ceased to exist, she strode into the halls adorn in a dark cloak with the hood down, it had been years since I last saw her, I vividly remember when she breathed her last, I watched as her frail eyes closed and her wrinkled hand dropped losing life, she laid on my laps while I wept bitterly for her death, but here she was alive and young, just like when she had consumed my father essence, I wanted to run up to her and pull her into my body and tell her how much I have missed her, how much I struggled after she left me in this world, how much I prayed for her spirit and her happiness in the afterlife but I was the fool, she was here all this while, well and alive.

She walked over to me and stared at me right in the face while I was too stunned that I became motionless"You look as beautiful as ever my dear child" she smiled at me, though her face was beautiful and flawless, all I saw was deceit and the evil behind her eyes, to think we shared quite a resemblance annoyed me the most, how was this my mother?, how was this the mother that had raised me?, how was this the same woman I was ready to trade everything for?, it felt pathetic to think that I had once pleaded with the moon goddess to preserve my mother, it felt pathetic that I had once defended her "You will not greet your mother, we have not seen each other in almost four centuries, I have missed you greatly". She added and immediately I felt nauseous, her words make me feel disgusted, this was not the physical realm but I was able to feel everything I would normal feel if I was in the real world.

"You are indeed alive and young " I managed to say, her face instantly contorted into a wide smile.

"Young, young—it feels good to be young again" she said her facial expression still remained, she looked psychotic and deranged, or was I being too quick to judge?, was my decision being influenced by my father.

"I cried for you when you passed, I prayed for your spirit, I asked the moon goddess to grant you peace because I thought you had suffered because of my father's mistake, why—"

She chuckled before erupting out into a fit of laughter cutting me off, she laughed like a deranged woman for seconds before stopping abruptly and a cold expression soon took over her face. "I never knew you were pathetic" she chuckles, I gawked at her completely dumbfounded "you begged the moon goddess for my happiness..., you are really a good daughter—"

"But I am guess you are not a good mother" I cut her off responding stoically, she appeared a bit stunned by my confidence for a second before her face returned to its previous appearance.

"I cared for you, did I not" she said caressing my arms, I pushed her hand away from my body, she frowned at my actions, she turned over to my father retaining the frown in her face "I see you have told her the full story" she gritted against her teeth.

"She has a right to know how vile of a woman you were and still is" he spat out. She gave him a sadistic smile before she settled her face with a frown, she waved her hands and immediately my father is pulled from across the room and she held him by the neck squeezing the what ever was left of him

"Oh, how nice it would be if I could kill you again" she spat and my heart broke, my mother was really that evil, she really did kill my father "oh well.., at least I can enjoy seeing you in pain" she added as she squeezed harder, my father released grunts in pain.

"Let him go!, let him go!" I demanded strongly, it pained me to watch him in pain, he was the good person, he was only a victim of my mother "But why?, why did you do all this?, what did my father ever do to you than love you?"

She chuckles "You know my dear child, this world is simply for the strong and not for the weak, I watched how my parents were treated because they had no ranking and I could not allow myself go through that kind of pain— though I must admit that there was once a time when I really did feel something for you Alexander but my hunger for power was greater than whatever I felt for you. Though there was a lot of things that happened that I never expected to ever happen, like getting bonded with the Alpha son at that time, you see I was always meant to have power, but my impatience got the best of me, maybe I might have been happy if I had just followed the course of things, well..., there is always a price to everything in life"

"You told me that you were raped!" I yelled out in anger and she tighten the hold she had on my father's neck.

"I do not think it would have normal to inform my child that her father was dead and I killed him, that would have been too traumatic, I do love you in my own way" she responded coldly

"Yet you sort to kill me now" I spat

"Like I said, there is always a price for everything and you have lived for over five centuries, that is just being greedy my dear, does not change the fact that I love you and I will always will" she answered and before I could respond back to her, she squeezed my father's neck tightly, I managed to hear him say 'Don't give up easily', it was barely a whisper before he fades away and then he was gone.

"Alexander is indeed a good man" she smirked and she turns her attention on me, she held me by the neck before I could react she had already tightened her hold on me, I struggled against her hold, my lungs felt constricted, I was shaking against her hold kicking my legs while it felt like life was being sucked out of me, she was incredibly strong, I never imagined that, well.., I never imagined I would meet my mother under this circumstances, she stared out me without a single emotion in her eyes.

I summoned whatever strength I had and pushed her off, she flew across the room but she landed perfectly, I was struggling for air to think this was not the physical realm yet, I could feel everything I would normally feel if I was in the real world

"I see you still have some strength in you" she chuckles, "I will love to stay and do this dance with you my dear daughter but I don't have the time" she added.

"Me neither!" I snapped, I waved my hands trying to use my magic but it was fruitless, she burst out into laughter

"I control this world my sweet child" she smirked and she waved her hands and just like that those ghastly creatures appeared violently rushing over to me, and then it began, I feel like my powers was being sucked out of my body, my mother comes up to me smiling widely "I wish things could have gone differently my dear child" she said caressing my cheeks and she placed a kiss on my temple "sleep now my child" she said and that was it, I was gone.