Chapter 4

"According to my researches, UFOs have been spotted a lot of times.", spoke Margaret in a lecture at her office. "There has been a spotting at a small village in West Bengal, India, recently. A couple of days back, a huge, bowl-shaped UFO had been found in the deepest reaches of the Amazon but unfortunately no aliens were found."

Margaret changed the slide, "Scientists in Japan have discovered a planet, Craneus. It has an atmosphere with a different composition than Earth. There is a huge concentration of Chlorine but there is Nitrogen in the atmosphere too. Recent researches suggest that there is life on the planet. "

She clasped her hands, smiled and suggested," It would we amazing if we contribute to this research. Let's get to work, scientists. "

All the people walked out of Margaret's office and went to theirs. She bent down to switch off the projector when she felt a hand on her ass." What the hell, Zack!", she shouted. Zack scratched his head and whispered, "Sorry. It was an accident, Margaret."
"Better be. And I would suggest you to get back to goddamn work, Morgan!"

Zack walked out while Margaret tried to process everything. Everything was so weird since Saturday. Medusa had been staring at her while she slept half naked, Zack had been touching her inappropriately. What was wrong? EVERYTHING!

Margaret went back to her office after a coffee break. "Margaret!", screamed Caroline. "Some of the important papers are missing from the files! I suspect them to be stolen." Margaret slammed her hand on her head, "How?! Which ones?"
"The one which explained the working of an UFO. The one with the preliminary explanation of DNA replication. And a lot more!"
" We need to install security cameras all around the buildings. Caroline, I am going to Apex Secure,take care of the office."

Margaret walked to the building of Apex Secure which was three plots away. At the reception, she asked," I wish to talk to the Manager."She was given the directions to the Manager's office. On the door, in letters of gold, it was written:
                   MEDUSA JOHNSON
                             Manager

Margaret huffed and muttered a curse as she opened the door. Medusa was facing towards the window but as she heard the door creek open, she rotated her chair to face Margaret.

"Oh, hello there, baby girl. I knew you would come back. I can't leave you, you can't leave me. And..."
"Can we be professional, for a second. Please.", interrupted Margaret.
"Ah! Yeah, sure. Sit down.", said Medusa pointing at a chair.

As Margaret sat down, her eyes fell on a nearby showcase full of medals, trophies, momentos and badges. She was fascinated.Medusa smirked, "I see, you are impressed by all the awards I have  won throughout the years."

Margaret shook her head in disbelief.
"So, Medusa, we need to install CCTVs in the buildings of the NSDO. "
"Work will be done. I'll send a few people to set them up half an hour later. " Margaret rolled her eyes and walked out of the office. Medusa smirked and sipped her coke, "I know that you are in love, baby girl."

CCTVs were all set up by evening,at the buildings of the NSDO.Margaret got her computer connected and also checked if all the footages were displayed.

At night,when Margaret walked out of her office,she found Medusa's Mercedes Benz waiting for her.Margaret opened the door and asked with twisted brows and lips,"Why are you here?"
"To keep you safe,love.",smiled Medusa. "Did you forget what happened a few months back in that alley?"

Margaret slapped herself in her thoughts.Why did this girl care for her so much?!WHY?!And why was she attracted to this shithole of a mafia?!

However, Margaret,unlike other days sat in the back seat,away from Medusa's reach.Soon she dozed off while Medusa drove the car.When the car stopped at Margaret's house,Medusa got down and opened the door.As soon as Medusa did so,Margaret's head tilted and fell on Medusa.She was fast asleep,roaming in the land of her dreams.

Medusa brushed aside the tendrils of hair on Margaret's face."Baby girl,we are here.We are home."Margaret yawned,sat up and streched her hands. She got out of the car and turned to Medusa,who was inserting the key in the ignition lock cylinder of her car.
"I....I am really,really sorry for how I behaved that day.I know I was quite rude.Forgive me,Medusa.", apologized Margaret.Medusa nodded,"Nah! It's fine.No need to apologize." She pressed the accelerator and sped away with the car.

Margaret felt like crying when she remembered how rudely she had behaved.Medusa might be a mafia,but she was one of those few people who cared for her.

At the middle of the night,while she was asleep,the doorbell rang. Margaret didn't realise the time and answered the door.To her surprise,there was no one there,only Medusa's Mercedes Benz sped away.She looked around and found a huge box.She took it inside.

It was light in weight compared to its dimensions.She unpacked the box and found a beautiful,pink coloured, life-sized teddy bear inside.There was a note inside the box too.The note in the pretty cursive handwriting read:

I am really sorry for stalking you.Sorry for disturbing you.Forgive me and also forget me.Sorry.
                                             Love,Medusa

Margaret's eyes opened wide after finishing the letter.Did that mean.....?No!It can't be!She can't let Medusa end her life.Margaret immediately dialed Medusa's telephone number at her office.No one picked the call.No!She is not going to let Medusa do this.She is a good human being with a heart of gold.She can't die.

Margaret threw her phone on the couch and darted out of the house. She didn't see Medusa's car anywhere nearby.She sat down on her knees on the grass in the lawn.What had she done?!She could have prevented Medusa's untimely departure from the world but she had just turned a blind eye to it.

"Medusa!",she cried out."No!MEDUSA! Please don't do this."Margaret didn't care about what her neighbours would think of her.She didn't care if they thought her to be crazy.She just wanted Medusa to be with her throughout life.She heard someone's shoe steps coming towards her,really fast.Through a hazy vision,she noticed a black figure who questioned,"Hey!Oh my god!What happened,baby girl?"

That 'baby girl' made Margaret realise it was Medusa!She was alive!Margaret jumped up and hugged Medusa tightly.
"You are alive!Thank heavens!"
"Who told you that I was dead?",asked a concerned Medusa.
"Your letter"
"Oh Holy Molly!I didn't mean that I was going to commit suicide,I just meant that I would never stalk and disturb you."
"Do what ever you like.Stalk me,hug me,kiss me,fuck me.Anything you want to.But just don't suicide!"

Medusa left out a little laugh at this.She held Margaret's chin and kissed her on the cheek."Let's go inside.It's quite windy.",she suggested.