Two (Three)

You lay your head on Ace's shoulder as you munch on the breakfast Killer gave you, which as usual, has no right to taste so amazing.

You feel the slight blush of your cheeks from the happiness. For most of your life, you either didn't have enough to eat, or King only gave you what you needed to survive.

You were still grateful for it, but taste was never a goal for him. It was nutrition to get stronger but brought nothing more.

Even this little change means so much now. Life will never be the same again, and you have never felt more joy before.

Ace pokes your side, and you jump a little. You thank him, and the man laughs sweetly because you almost fell asleep over your food again.

Since you have enough to eat, your tendency to his habit showed up.

The luck is that the two of you usually do it with shifts so you can wake each other up.

Hip crosses the deck with Quincy, and they giggle as they pass by, waving hi to you with unexpected shyness.

You lift a brow at Ace, who waves back absent-mindedly, his cheeks puffy with food as he munches.

He looks like a chipmunk, but it doesn't change the blush of the women, and he doesn't seem to pay much attention.

"Do all the girls like you this much?" you smile, and he shrugs, grinning after he swallows.

"Not just girls, I'm afraid," he laughs. "But maybe. Not like you have a reason to complain, Three. You kept catching eyes in Wano, as well as here. You were always pretty, but you are happy now. Happiness makes people more beautiful, you know."

He scratches his nape and grimaces as you finish your meal.

"I don't like how they look at you, but it annoys your boyfriend, and that's fun to see."

You feel strange from hearing this word from his mouth.

"Why can't you just get along with him better?" you sigh deeply, and your brother looks at you with deep outrage.

"He looks at you like that too!"

You start laughing and take his hand, squeezing it tightly.

His features soften, and he closes his eyes, resting his head against the barrier of the Victoria Punk.

"Mom would be proud of us," he says with a gentle smile, which then grows into a wider one. "Having two such clever, gorgeous, powerful, and flawless kids."

"And humble," you add, making him chuckle again.

Silence falls over you after, the peaceful and caring kind.

You listen to the distant noises and hear Kid talking, Killer humming an old song with Heat, and the others playing and fighting around the ship.

Warmth grows in your heart like the first white violets in spring.

You touch your chest and smile.

But Ace brings you back to reality.

"What did you want to talk about last night?" he asks carefully, still holding your hand.

You shiver as you remember, and your smile fades a little.

When Kid looks at you and smirks from the other half of the ship, you recover your calmness. He heads back to the others in a few seconds.

But since you are finally free together, he always appears to see you from time to time, as if he's afraid you will disappear. It's not easy. Soon, you will be separated once again.