074; day six

Day six leading up to the island club party,
Myra worked another shift at the large establishment out on figure eight. It was a busy day, all of the staff were getting ready for the big event tomorrow. It was going to be lavish, just as every other kook thing was. Myra had been put on decorating duty with some of the other girls that were working that day, a task she didn't exactly enjoy. She was stood on the top of a ladder, putting a garland filled with white and pink flowers up along the edges of the terrace. It was the most boring thing ever, she thought as she went along with it.

She had seen Rafe out by the pool club earlier, a drink in his hands and a smug smirk upon his lips. He was there with his friends Topper and Kelce, laughing and joking. Drinking tequila sunrise by lunchtime, like true summer vacation kooks do. They had booked a golf cart for later, 2 PM to be exact. Myra had seen Rafe's name in the books. He had of course reserved number fourteen, as he always did. She still wasn't sure as to why he always chose that exact number. All she knew was that it must mean something special to him.

Myra caught a glimpse of Rafe again as she walked past a little while later, a box full of party supplies in her arms. It was heavy, so she held it as firmly as she could as to not drop it. As mentioned, it was a extremely busy day at the island club and she didn't have any time to waste. The three boys had barely moved since Myra last had seen them and Rafe, who was downing his third drink by now, hadn't seemed to take notice of her walking by. She lingered, seeing the group of boys talking to a blonde girl and her friends. Myra thought she recognized the girl, but she couldn't be sure. It could be the girl from the kook party a little while back, the one who couldn't get enough of Rafe's cocaine. Or it could just be any other generic blonde haired kook girl out by the pool. They were all the same to Myra.

Myra made her way back towards the terrace, crossing the large entrance hall. That's when she heard her name being called out by a familiar sweet voice. "Myra, hey" echoed throughout the walls, making the pouge girl stop in her tracks. She was till holding onto the heavy box, feeling her arms beginning to ache a little. Myra vaguely remembered hearing that exact voice before, but she couldn't tie it to a face. Not until she spun around on her heels, seeing a bright smile and two brown sparkling eyes. Sarah Cameron, of course. Myra suddenly felt a little stupid, how couldn't she remember the Kildare princess? The girl who had John B so swooned. "Hi Sarah" Myra called back, trying her best to cover it up. Sarah seemed to hang around the cut quite a lot these days, however Myra wasn't around like she used to.

"Hi, how are you? I didn't know you were working today" Sarah cooed as she walked over towards Myra, her warm smile only growing wider. "I'm good, yeah" Myra mumbled in a rush, tapping her fingers against the heavy cardboard box. She tried her best to sound as nice and polite as possible, even though she wasn't in the best of mood. This day was long from over, but already so tiring. It felt like one of those days that never ended, dragging on forever. Besides, she was exactly pleased by the sight of Rafe getting drunk in the middle of the day either. He was loosing control of himself, Myra could see that. However he was in clear self denial.

"Good" Sarah hummed, nodding her head as she glanced around, "your brother isn't working today?". Myra shook her head. "Nope, I think he's coming in later tonight... I'm not sure actually" she answered. She hadn't seen JJ in a while and she hadn't even thought to check the schedule for his name. "Oh okay" Sarah spoke, clasping her hands together in front of her body. Sarah looked as pretty as always, her blonde streaks of hair laying perfectly around her kind and sunkissed face. She was wearing a pair of white shorts with a scalloped edge and a deep orange shirt, like the colour of a sunset. On her feet she wore a pair of strappy sandals, the soles of them pressed against the marbled floor. "Are you excited about the party tomorrow?" Sarah then asked, clearly making small talk. Myra wasn't sure why Sarah had stopped her, or what she was even here to do. "Uhm, I don't know" Myra answered, shrugging her shoulders faintly, "I mean I'm sure it'll be nice and all but... I'm working so"