26. Planning and Plotting

As Arnav, Khushi, and Akash returned home, their minds were clouded with a mixture of confusion, worry, and frustration upon learning about the embezzlement within the family.

Arnav: (exasperated) I can't believe this, Akash. How could someone within our own family do something like this?

Akash: (agitated) I don't know, bhai. It's hard to wrap my head around it. And to think that the culprit might be someone we know and trust...

Khushi: (placing a comforting hand on Akash's shoulder and sharing a glance with Arnav) It's going to be okay, Akii. We'll get through this together.

As they entered the house, they were met by Mama ji, who greeted them warmly. Arnav introduced Khushi to him, and they exchanged pleasantries before Mama ji left them to settle in.

Shortly after, Mami approached Khushi, a curious glint in her eyes.

Mami: Khushi beta, come sit with me for a moment. I wanted to chat with you about something.

Khushi nodded and followed Mami to a secluded corner of the room.

Mami: (in a hushed tone) Tell me, Khushi dear, what can you tell me about Payal and her family? Are they a respectable family? Do they hold the same values as us?

Khushi: (choosing her words carefully) Well, Mami, Payal's family is... They're decent people. Hardworking and honest, from what I've seen. But, something does not settle with me.

Before Khushi could elaborate further, Arnav and Akash entered the room, their expressions serious.

Akash: Maa, we need to talk.

Mami: (concerned) Is everything alright, beta?

Akash- Ma, let us not be in a haze to reply about my marriage with Payal, please.

Mami- I will definitely not take any decision about your life in haze bache. But what is the problem? Anything serious..

Arnav: (hesitant) We're not sure, Mami. But we have reason to believe that Payal may have copied a few designs to get Akash's attention.

Mami's eyes widened in shock, and she exchanged a worried glance with Khushi.

Arnav- She does not seem as simple as we believe her to be.

Mami- Hmm.. I will talk to your Mama Ji and ask him to find a way to talk to your Nani.

Mami: (confused) I don't understand why Anjali is in such a rush to make Akash marry Payal.

Arnav, Akash, and Khushi exchanged worried glances, sensing that there might be more to Anjali's motives than meets the eye.

Khushi: (to herself) There has to be some connection or perhaps a hidden agenda behind Anjali's urgency. I need to talk to my family and find a solution to this.

As they sat down for dinner, Mama and Khushi engaged in pleasant conversation, exchanging smiles and sharing anecdotes about each other's families. Mama seemed genuinely interested in getting to know Khushi better, and Khushi reciprocated with warmth and sincerity.

Meanwhile, Arnav and Akash remained relatively silent, lost in their own thoughts, contemplating the recent revelations and the implications they carried. Anjali, too, seemed preoccupied, her mind undoubtedly occupied with her own schemes and plans.

Despite the pleasant facade of the evening, an undercurrent of uncertainty and apprehension ran through the interactions, hinting at the turmoil brewing beneath the surface.

As Khushi returned home to the Gupta household, Garima welcomed her with a warm smile, eager to hear about her evening with the Raizadas.

Garima: "Khushi, how was your time at the Raizada Mansion? Did everything go well?"

Khushi hesitated for a moment, choosing her words carefully before responding.

Khushi: "It was... fine, aunty. We had dinner together, and everyone seemed cordial."

Shashi, who had been quietly listening, interjected with curiosity evident in his voice.

Shashi: "Did they say anything about Payal? What are their thoughts on her?"

Khushi glanced at her him, momentarily at a loss for words as she sought to deflect the question.

Khushi: "Um, well, they didn't say much, uncle. You know how these things are..."

Bua ji, ever perceptive, saw through Khushi's attempt to evade the topic and pressed on with her inquiry, a sly smirk playing on her lips.

Bua ji: "Khushi bitiya, I can see there's something you're not telling us. What about you and Arnav? Any discussions about your future together?"

Khushi blushed at the mention of Arnav, her heart fluttering at the thought of their relationship.

Khushi: "Bua ji, it's not like that... Arnav and I... we're just taking things one step at a time."

Bua ji's expression turned sour, her jealousy and bitterness seeping through her words as she spoke.

Bua ji: "Oh yes, Khushi bitiya, taking things one step at a time... just like you've always done. You'll make such a wonderful addition to the Raizada family, won't you? The eldest daughter-in-law, bringing joy and happiness wherever you go."

Khushi forced a polite smile, sensing the underlying sarcasm in Bua ji's words.

Anjali and Shyam, the conniving duo, huddled together in the dimly lit confines of their room, their minds teeming with devious intentions. Anjali's eyes gleamed with malice as she outlined their sinister plan.

Anjali: "Shyam, we must act swiftly to rid ourselves of Khushi. She's becoming a nuisance, a barrier to our desires."

Shyam nodded in agreement, a wicked grin spreading across his face as he eagerly awaited Anjali's next move.

Shyam: "Yes, Anjali, we cannot allow her to come between us and our goals. What do you suggest we do?"

Anjali's lips curled into a sinister smirk as she divulged her nefarious scheme.

Anjali: "We'll tarnish Khushi's reputation, Shyam. We'll hire someone to fabricate incriminating photos of her with another man, spreading rumors of her infidelity. Once Arnav sees those pictures, he'll be disgusted by her deceit, and he'll have no choice but to sever ties with her."

Shyam's eyes gleamed with approval at the diabolical plan, eager to execute their plot and eliminate Khushi from their lives once and for all.

Shyam: "Brilliant, Anjali! With Khushi out of the picture, everything Arnav owns will be ours for the taking. We'll ensure that no one stands in our way."

Anjali nodded, a cold determination settling over her features as she envisioned the downfall of her perceived enemy.

Anjali: "We'll make Khushi pay for daring to oppose us. She'll rue the day she crossed paths with Anjali."