Episode 3: The Invitation.

Sometimes writing can be tedious; I've been on my writing pad for almost an hour, spacing out, nothing, just sitting, the words were not forthcoming. I felt so stiff, knowing that I might not have anything to write for the next few hours, I decided to play a song that would soothe my mind.

'7 seconds by Youssou N'Dour ft  Neneh Cherry' was my best pick. Although, it's a 1994 song, it's a song that sparks me up whenever I play it. The music filled the room as I turned up the volume. So refreshing was the sound, I danced my way to the kitchen to make Amala with the remaining Egusi soup I prepared three days ago.

As I was mixing the yam flour in the boiling water, I sang the chorus along:

"It's not a second,
We're seven seconds away,
or just as long as I stay,
I'll be waiting..."

satisfied with the softness of the yam flour I was mixing, streams of sweats dropped down my face, I warmed the Egusi soup as well.

Just as I was about to eat, my phone rang, it was my childhood friend and lawyer, Bidemi:

"Hey, Juwon, what's up?" He said with his baritone voice "I just dey jare" I replied wishing I didn't pick up the call, now my Amala was going to get cold.

"So, quick one, I've gone through the contract and added our own clauses, your scope of work, termination clause,  indemnification and dispute resolution, go through it. If you are not clear with anything, let me know." He said confidently.

"Alright, Bidemi, I'll check it and send it back to you" I said gulping down a mold of Amala down my throat. He heard the song playing in the background,  you and these old songs, you don't get tired of them, do you?

I couldn't take it anymore, "wo, Bidex, make I call you back, my Amala is getting cold" On hearing Amala, he laughed and dropped the call.

I was into the third mold when ideas started flowing into my head, words, sentences, I could feel the adrenaline. I rushed to wash my hands then back to my desk to continue writing, I couldn't be happier. Sometimes, all you need is good music and a really nice meal. I spent two hours writing and was impressed with what I've written so far.

While at it, I received a notification, it was an email: "Do you mind coming for dinner at my family's place? I would want you to meet some persons for the memoir..." It was from Sarah.

To be continued...