Chapter seventeen.

Kianna's Apartment

Kianna's Apartment

The sun casted a bright light through Kianna's window, Kianna laid on Paige's chest playing with her bracelet feeling Paige giving her soft rubs on her bare back. The two been up for a while now just enjoying the silence, after their date last night they headed to Kianna's place.

Paige was just supposed to drop her off at the door, but she couldn't decline Kianna's offer which led to this. "I wish we can stay like this for longer" Kianna mumbled against her chest leaving kisses, "me too" Paige whispered. The alarm went off alerting the two it's time to get up.

Kianna was about to get up until Paige wrapped her arms around her waist, "just five more minutes" she said. "As much as I would love to, you have morning practice" Kianna replied, kissing her cheek and getting out of her hold which made Paige pout a little. "And Desirae is coming over in a hour"

Before walking to her bathroom that was connected to her bedroom, she paused in the doorway. "You can come join me though" Kianna said walking into bathroom leaving Paige who jumped out the bed, running to the bathroom to her girlfriend.

   ─────────────

"This shit is ugly"Desirae said disappointed, looking in the mirror. She was dressed in a white puffy dress that belonged to Aaron-her fiancé mother that was passed down from her mom and then passed down from her mother. "It's not..that bad" Valerie tried to reassure her, but deep inside she would admit it wasn't the best dress.

April and Kianna covered their mouths trying to not to laugh and not look at each other, they always said In a serious situation, do not look at me. Jocelyn stood on the other side of Desirae, fluffing the skirt out at least trying to make it a little better. "Jocelyn I don't think the dress can get any more fluffier then this"Desirae deadpanned as she walked away from the mirror to sit down in the middle of April and Kianna who scooted over to give her more room.

"I look like a giant cupcake"Desi threw her head back in frustration, "a cute giant cupcake" Kianna said holding back her creative jokes about the whiteish old dress that had a very interesting smell.

Desirae shot her a look giving her a shrug, "I don't get it, why don't you just tell his mama you don't like the dress?" April asked, taking a sip of her champagne. "Because I don't want to hurt her feelings, y'all should've seen her face when she gave it to me"

"Des,she's hurting your feelings wearing that old ass dress" Kianna nonchalantly said, she understood Desirae wanted to make her future mother in law happy by wearing the wedding dress that's been in Aaron's family for generations..but damn it was time to let that dress go.

"What Kianna meant to say was, it's okay if you don't want to wear the dress or if you don't like the dress. Just remember it's your wedding" Valerie told her, Desirae took her words into consideration. She spent most of her life trying to make people happy her dad, friends, her mom, even her fiancé.