~Chapter 22~

~Next day~

Aadhira was well now. Her fever was completely gone. Just some body ache and cough persisted.

As she woke up, she did the first thing that she does every morning, called out to her mother.
"Mumma! ", Aadhira said in her little voice that still had traces of weakness.
" Baccha, you fine! ", it was Aadheesh who was quick to respond, as he was sitting rather sleeping right next to Aadhira's bed on the floor.
" Baba! ", Aadhira squealed as she hugged Aadheesh, her little hands across his neck.

Rishita came inside the room, for her daughter's call.
And then,
She saw the most beautiful scene ever. Not being able to hold on, she captured the father-daughter duo,hugging each other,without their knowledge.

The hug held the peace that Aadheesh was striving for all his life.
After a while Ira broke the hug. Aadheesh layed a soft kiss on her forehead.
"Are you feeling good now, sweetheart? "
, Rishita asked as she came near her sweetheart.
"Yes mumma! ", Aadhira said happily. Her gullible self that was off for few days due to all the commotion around, came back to life.
" Mumma, brush! ", Aadhira commanded.
Aadheesh looked at his princess. She was a perfect mixture of both, him and Rishita.
A soft smile adorned his face.

Rishita took Ira in her hold as she said, " You too freshen up, the breakfast is ready! "

Aadheesh nodded as he got up.

Till the time they made it to the table, Aadheesh had talked with Ira for a while. But what surprised him was, not for a moment did Ira show any resentment. She had whole heartedly accepted him. She talked to him like they have known each other for ages. Like they didn't meet a day Or two ago.
Aadhira was her true self.
And why wouldn't she. She was a child.
A child who knew about all her family members, even though the families didn't knew about her existence.
Yes! Rishita had not hidden this,had not hidden Ira from her family.
She had told her daughter, about everyone.
That's the sole reason that Ira could identify Aadheesh apart from the personal connect that they both felt.
And for Ira, it wasn't awkward. It didn't feel foreign.
Her father. She had known him from years now, but his presence near, gave her joy. This was the first time she met him in real, and all her fantasizes of how her father would be, had turned into a truth.
Her father was loving, just as her mother had told her.
So, little Ira felt at home with him.

After the breakfast, Aadheesh and Ira were talking. Frankly, it was only Ira talking, while Aadheesh was only admiringly looking at her, with all the love that he had in him.

At around evening,
Aadheesh waited for the mother-daughter duo to come out as they were leaving for his penthouse.
As he saw Rishita and his princess walking out,with them was Rosy who had few of the bags while Rishita carried the rest. Aadhira had her soft toy in her hand.
Rosy was to come in another car.
Aadheesh took the bags from Rishita's hold as he started walking out of the hotel.
At first Rishita was taken aback, but she followed nevertheless.

Settling inside the car, Aadheesh began driving to the penthouse.
All the while, he was answering the questions that Ira was throwing on him, while Rishita watched them with all the admiration.

As they reached infront of the penthouse, they got down.
Rishita stood rooted. All the past came rushing to her.
Aadheesh saw how Rishita had stiffened. He understood what she was thinking about.
He took her hand in his. Rishita looked at him. Her eyes being moist. The memories, that also have both of them a reason to smile, where flowing all around.
The penthouse had seen them both grow in their relationship. Had seen them take their relationship to higher level. And today, it was witnessing the transformation of their relationship into something even more intriguing and beautiful, something that they both had never thought of.