37|Reports

"I am sure you are mistaken. We wanted reports for her teeth"Karan said.

"Wait..
Gauri Mehra
Daughter of Mr.Ashish Mehra. These are the details mentioned in the reports along with your phone number"The person stated.

Karan stood there speechless.

"Aren't the details right sir?"The person asked over the phone.

"The details are correct but the reports aren't"Karan said.

"You can come and check the reports tomorrow sir. You can come in the morning itself"The person said.

"Okay"Karan said in a low voice.

Waiting for the morning was itself a task. How can he sleep the whole night when his thoughts will be all about the words he heard over the phone?

He surely knew the reports were merged. He trusted his sister too much to form even a bead of doubt on her. He trusted her with everything he had but he didn't trust the people in the world out there. He was just hoping that everything is fine.

Karan returned back to the room with a fake smile. He didn't want to give tension to others.

"Bhaiya reports theek aai hai na"Jai asked.

"We will get reports tomorrow morning"Karan said and Jai nodded.

"Mai bhi chalta hu hospital saath subah"Arun said.

"No!"Karan said loudly and Arun frowned.

"Par kyu"Arun asked.

"You go to school. I will handle"Karan said in a tone that Arun can't disobey so he just nodded.

Karan slept beside Gauri for that night and others retired to their rooms. He couldn't sleep the entire night as his mind was so much occupied.

The next morning all settled at the dining table. Jiya left early morning since she didn't have her attire for school here. Last night she slept in Gauri's nightwear only.

"Papa I will come to office late today. I have to go to hospital to get her reports"Karan said to which Ashish nodded.

After a while everyone left to their respective work places and Karan left for the hospital.

Upon reaching he quickly ran to inquire about Gauri's reports. The person handed him the reports and he opened it slowly.

The details were all correct. Pregnancy report was mentioned on the top of the report and at the bottom result: positive was mentioned. Karan closed his eyes.

He without even thinking anything ran to Mahira's cabin.

"Everything okay,Mr. Mehra?"Mahira asked frowning.

"No"Karan said panting.

He explained everything to her.

"I am sure they have merged the reports. I myself sent her teeth reports for checking. They were fine. I don't know how they converted it into pregnancy reports"Mahira said banging her head with her hand.

"I swear I will sue this hospital"Karan said angrily.

"Calm down Mr. Mehra"Mahira said handling him a glass of water which he drank whole.

"I am really sorry on the behalf on entire staff due to which this inconvenience happened to you"Mahira apologized.

"It's okay"Karan said softly.

"Please wait here. I will handle you the correct reports"Mahira said and Karan nodded.

After a while she handled him the correct reports and apologized again. She promised him that an action will surely be taken against the staff. Karan thanked her and left.

He sighed in relief after sitting in his car. He then drove to office.

At school

Jai was walking towards the principal office as he was called by the principal due to some important work.

As soon as he opened the door his breath hitched at the sight. A beautiful woman was sitting on the chair infront of the principal.

"Good morning Mr.Jai"The principal greeted.

"Good morning sir"Jai repiled and took a seat beside the woman.

"Meet her Mr.Jai! She is Ms.Tejo Sandhu, history professor at XYZ university"The principal said.

The principal gave Jai's introduction to her aswell.

"I want you both to come together for this particular project our school is planning"The principal said.

He filled them in with all the details and they agreed to give their best.

After that they both walked out.

"Mr.Jai I am telling you in advance I am very serious about my work and I expect the same from you"Tejo said.

"Sure Ms.Sandhu"Jai said giving her a tight lipped smile.

"Pagal"Tejo muttered under her breath while walking away.

"I am very serious about my work"Jai mimicked her making faces and walked away.

Gauri was sitting in her room getting bored. She had no one to talk to right now and she got bored after using phone.

She thought to take a walk around the house so she stood up. She went out of the room and started walking in the empty hallway. She went downstairs into the kitchen.

"Should I cook?"She thought and then realised that her hand is injured.

But she being she turned on the stove with her left hand and lit it with the lighter.

She now wanted to pick up the container which was kept very high so she tiptoed and was struggling to get the container.

At the same Karan entered the kitchen as he returned back and was finding her.

The sight in front of him shook him. Gauri's plaster was just an inch away from the fire. One inch ahead and it will catch fire and burn.

"Gauri!!!"Karan shouted angrily.

His voice was so loud Gauri flinched and got back.

He took angry steps towards her and she took two steps back afraid. He was looking so angry at that time she was scared for her life. His eyes were red in anger.

_____________________________________

Hello everyone!! Hope you all liked the chapter!!

Any suggestions?

Please vote and comment!!